Progress Bar as Next and Previous Links

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #6005

Hello All,

It's not evident to the user that steps in the Progress Bar can be used as links to return to previous steps or advance ahead. If the text was left bright, not greyed out, or there was some other indication that they are active links, it might help with navigation through the checkout process. Maybe just a note underneath the progress bar would suffice.

Just a thought,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #6018

Hi,

The colors of the text of the progress bar can be changed via CSS (you can edit it in the config under the tab display). By default, you will find that code:
#hikashop_checkout_page div.hikashop_cart_step span a {
color: #B2B2B2;
}

13 years 1 month ago #6322

I have played around with the CSS and have it looking OK with my template.

In the language file checkout section, I see the text "Login" and "Address" as separate entries. Is the progress bar supposed to say "Address" if the person is logged in? It doesn't seem to be changing on my site.

Regards,
Ed

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #6323

The name displayed for each step (each step is separated by a comma in the checkout workflow option) correspond to the first view of that step.
By default, there is only two steps in the checkout: the one with everything and the "end" step.
If you want, you could separate the login and the address into two different steps.
You could do like this:
login_shipping_payment_coupon_cart_status,address_shipping_payment_coupon_confirm_cart_status,end
That way, you would have three steps: login, address and end.
Basically, you define how you want it to be displayed.

13 years 1 month ago #6324

Nicolas, You are supposed to be enjoying the weekend, not working!

Thanks for that info. I was aware of the checkout workflow and have modified it some, but didn't know you could use the same view in more than one step. Good to know!

Regards,
Ed

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds