Using hikashop for service based companies

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #7244

Hello, I work for a mobile disc jockey service and have a couple of questions to see if your product would work for our purposes.

1) Since we are service based we have no need of shipping. I think i read elsewhere of some things to eliminate that feature.

2) We are looking to adapt the program more to gather inquiries and allow clients add upgrades directly from the description sites. We do not want them to be able to pay directly from the shopping cart. Is there a way to disable the payment feature? Can i just disable all payment options?

3) Is it possible to send custom emails in response to each kind of product i.e. if they add a wedding package, will it automatically send the same email as it would if they added a school dance? Would there be a way to change perhaps the "pending, cancelled, etc" settings to accomplish this?

Just some thoughts, there doesn't seem to be any service-based "shopping cart" programs out there and we've heard good things about Hikashop.

Thank you for any info!
SMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #7246

Hi,

1/ If your products don't have a weight, no shipping will be asked so there's nothing to do on your end for that.

2/ You can remove the payment view from the checkout by removing the "payment_" string from the checkout workflow option in the configuration of HikaShop.

3/ I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Could you explain further ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #7248

Wow, thanks for the quick response!

for 3)

We are hoping to generate quotes in the shopping cart so they will be able to see what a package + any extras they would like at their event. We would like to be able to generate an automatic email that would be specific to the type of event they are planning, so if they check on a wedding package, it would send an email with a wedding brochure. If they check a school dance, it would send an email with a school dance brochure etc.

4) New thought: if we eliminate the payment option, will an automated message even be generated?

5) Can we add a "quote" option as a payment option?

6) Is there any way to link inventory to dates? i.e. certain systems only available on certain days?

Thanks again!
SMM

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #7249

3/ You can personalize emails via the menu System->Emails in the Business edition of HikaShop. You should be able to modify the email based on the products in the order.

4/ An email is generated at the end of the checkout, regardless of the payment method selection.

5/ You can edit the file show of the view product and change the code there to do it, but by default there is no option for that.

6/ It's not possible without adding custom product and item fields and then editing the file show of the view product to add the needed javascript and code modifications. So, it's possible but you'll need to know programming quite well :)

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds