Items from a Category in real List Display

• Thank you received: 3
13 years 3 weeks ago #9983

Recently bought the Essential Edition of Hikashop.

Just as many others I have been testing several E-Commerce "solutions" for more than over a week. None of them really did what one can expect from such a component or not on all points. VirtueMart is another story, but to complicated to setup and I had many errors.

Hikashop is a breath of fresh air even though it takes a lot of time but finally it works and support is fast and accurate.
After almost two weeks testing I am already at the point that the shop can be used for ordering. Need to do some minor translations and customization but that will be no problem for me I guess. Otherwise I will check again here or post a new message.

But there's one thing, it looks more like a feature request.

My client would like the products/items in one category showed as a list so that orders can be made very quick and visitors don't have to click several times to add an item to the cart. One of the reasons why I chose Hikashop was because visitors stay on the page after they added an item to the cart. But online shopping would even be more simple if something like this could be created.

The meaning is that all items/products in one category are on one page and that a customer can fill in the number of each item he or she wants to buy.

The idea is this:

And if possible one add to cart button per page for each category.

I have tried a component before Hikashop: IPrice calculator see demoeng.lot-studio.ru/en/ipricecalc/contplugdemo for a demo
The idea itself and the slider effect to display a product picture are really great. Unfortunately the developper does not reply to questions anymore.

If something like that could be implemented as an extra standard option for a Content Module in HikaShop without hacking some viewing code you would have an ultimate killer app.

Or maybe you could give me some clues how to adjust one of the View files (which one?) and which fields do I have to use? Or maybe you could write a new PHP file for me with table tags so that I can insert the script for the slider option? There is even a small budget for that if you can give me a quote :)

Best regards

Dick de Ronden

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by didero.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 weeks ago #10021

That would be something possible by heavily modifying the views of HikaShop but you would have to really know what you're doing for that (you would need to ask how in that case :) ) because it's really not easy. That's also something we could add in the future. Specially the fact of having one add to cart button for the whole page and the display as a table. Having characteristics selection on the listing of products is not something we want to do, at least not for now as it would require a lot of resources on the page to load all that data for each product. The slider could then be added by a small modification of the view, but we would first have to make the view...

13 years 3 weeks ago #10041

Ok, I thought it would be not too difficult since products are placed side by side. Here 4 in a row as set in the Content Module settings.

I am not thinking of heavily modifying the view files because I simply cannot declare the hours that that would cost me right now even with your help.

One add to cart button would be nice but not necessary.

Indeed loading of a page is something to think about especially when images are loaded instantly. But in my case the most would be 40-50 products on one page with only one variant with two characteristics settings. If pictures would only be loaded when the row is opened with the slider effect the load on a page would not be heavier then an average page. Or am I wrong? Yes of course, in the proposition of MatthewSchenker http://www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-to/7639-variants-from-specific-products.html there would be a more heavier load as characteristics are set up differently for each product but that's not the case here.

Anyway I hope that your team would consider to implement a feature like this. As I understand that is not something to be done in a few weeks? I could convince my client to wait a couple of weeks. If it would take more than that I have to think of another (temporarily) solution. Please let me have your thoughts about that.

Thanks,
Dick de Ronden

Attachments:

13 years 3 weeks ago #10102

Just displaying the listing as a table (one per row) instead of divs should be feasible without too much trouble. We'll look at adding that in the next release as it's already been asked by others.
characteristics selection won't be possible, for now at least.

• Thank you received: 4
13 years 3 weeks ago #10154

Hi.
Maybe I can help you. I'm running the output in tabular form. It remains to add fields to enter the number of goods. Tell to a deadline you need a turnkey solution.

Attachments:

13 years 3 weeks ago #10307

Nicolas,

Ok great, thank you very much!
Any idea when that next release will be available?

13 years 3 weeks ago #10309

No date is planned yet. Next week probably.

13 years 3 weeks ago #10314

Korkunov,

Thank you for your offer! Any help is welcome if it's not too much trouble for you.
I don't have a date set for the deadline. But it would be nice if I could have the products on the website online in tabular form before or by the end of this month.

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by didero.

13 years 1 week ago #11077

Hello Nicolas,

Any news about the next release of Hikashop? Would be fine if that comes available in the next days. Thank you.

13 years 1 week ago #11085

We're almost ready. It will be in the next days.

13 years 1 week ago #11442

Thank you so much for the new version. And the new list is working. Will be doing some more modification also to the template. I installed it this morning after uninstalling the previous version. So a new install because of that errorcode 1 I had before. What could be the reason? I've done a fresh Joomla install before I installed 1.4.7 \
Could the server be misconfigurated?

The rounding problem is still present in version 1.4.8 I had to correct that manually just like before: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...rom-productpage.html

There are several things that I cannot get to work:
1) Checkout hangs at the Status, nothings happens. Checkout process worked ok in 1.4.7
2) When I set the number of products in the Hikashop module to a number less then the total products in that category only the maximum number of products is shown. No page navigation for the next products. As far as I can see all settings are correct.
3) When I go to the Hikoshop Panel -> System -> Configuration I always get the message that my language file is not up to date. I can load it and save it (no error messages) and when I go back there I see the same message again. Even if I click on I know, don't remind me it comes back. File permissions should be OK I have checked that.
4) is there a way of getting an input field (total number of products for ordering) just in front of the add to cart button?

13 years 1 week ago #11446

You don't need to uninstall hikashop when you update. You can just install over.
If you have an error, it's likely to be because of the server access rights configuration or the way joomla is configured. Here is a list of the problems:
docs.joomla.org/Why_can't_you_install_any_extensions%3F

Yes, rounding still need the same patch. We didn't had the time to look at it for now.

1/We would need more information. What is your checkout workflow ?

2/ You need to turn off the random option of your menu/module

3/ What is your language ? Could you go at the bottom and check the version ? It should be 1.4.8

4/ You can activate that in the config under the tab display "Display the quantity field on the product page"

13 years 1 week ago #11450

"You don't need to uninstall hikashop when you update. You can just install over.
If you have an error, it's likely to be because of the server access rights configuration or the way joomla is configured. Here is a list of the problems:
docs.joomla.org/Why_can't_you_install_any_extensions%3F"

Thank you I've read that but I don't use the FTP layer. Strangely other components/modules etc. install fine without the errorcode 1. But I admit I still do have problems while some components or modules which are automatically set to owner "apache" even if I don't use the FTP layer in Joomla. So I will ask my hoster to check the server.

Yes, rounding still need the same patch. We didn't had the time to look at it for now.

1/We would need more information. What is your checkout workflow ?

cart,login,shipping,payment,status_fields,end
and option Checkout process with end

2/ You need to turn off the random option of your menu/module
That option is already off

3/ What is your language ? Could you go at the bottom and check the version ? It should be 1.4.8

Language is Dutch version of Hikashop is 1.4.8 but I already did have the same problem with 1.4.7

4/ You can activate that in the config under the tab display "Display the quantity field on the product page"

That option is also on (tried Ajax Input or Normal Input).

13 years 1 week ago #11453

1/ as explained in the documentation of the checkout workflow, you need to have the "confirm" view in the last step before the end step.

2/ Did you check the associated module's option of your menu (that's the associated module which displays the products when you use a menu of the type category listing)

3/ Did you edit your language file and looked at the bottom of it ? There probably is an access right problem preventing hikashop from overwritting the file... You might want to try to upload your language file manually via FTP in the folder languages/nl-NL.

4/ Where do you have the add to cart button ? that option activates the input field for the product page. If you use the add to cart button on the product listings, you will have the edit the file listing_div of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add the line below at the beginning:
$this->params->set('show_quantity_field', 1);

13 years 22 hours ago #12410

Thank you for all your support and your recent update (table list view). I have upgraded to the business version to say thanks!

1/ as explained in the documentation of the checkout workflow, you need to have the "confirm" view in the last step before the end step.

Solved

2/ Did you check the associated module's option of your menu (that's the associated module which displays the products when you use a menu of the type category listing)

Still can't get pagination working - All settings OK.
But not really a problem at this moment.

3/ Did you edit your language file and looked at the bottom of it ? There probably is an access right problem preventing hikashop from overwritting the file... You might want to try to upload your language file manually via FTP in the folder languages/nl-NL.

Problems (rights) were indeed on server. Solved for now.

4/ Where do you have the add to cart button ? that option activates the input field for the product page. If you use the add to cart button on the product listings, you will have the edit the file listing_div of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add the line below at the beginning:
$this->params->set('show_quantity_field', 1);

This is working now. You can see it is taking shape. I place the Hikashop modules in articles (using Tabs and Slides) and create a menu-item to each article containing the Hikashop modules. Furthermore I have disabled a BREAK syntax <br/> in the last line of the product quantity view.

Example here:
http://www.broodjes2day.nl/index.php/online-bestellen/online-dranken-bestellen.html

There is however a (minor) problem. Adding a product from the list view in table form makes the page refresh each time and the effect is that buyer is at the top of the page each time a product is added to the cart. Tested this with all major Windows browsers. On my Apple computer I see this happen also(tested with Opera - Safari - Firefox). Do you have a solution for this?

But when I use the popup screen (add to cart etc.) the position on the page stays intact. So I am thinking of adding that again but how can I change the appearance (SqueezeBox)? Even disable the darkening of the background?

Last edit: 13 years 22 hours ago by didero. Reason: Problem occurs also on Apple Computer

13 years 20 hours ago #12435

2. For pagination, please make sure that the random option of your menus/modules is turned off.

4. You could try to edit the file listing_table of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the code:

$this->ajax='';
to:
$this->ajax = 'return hikashopModifyQuantity(\''.$this->row->product_id.'\',field,1,\'hikashop_product_form_'.$this->row->product_id.'_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').'\');';
that should avoid that the page reloads

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds