Shipping Method Question

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 11 months ago #16074

I have set up 2 shipping methods: one deals with the weight, the other with the volume.
When a product is added to the cart, the correct method and shipping fee does get applied depending on whether I've added the weight or volume information to that product's information page.
But both shipping methods are displayed on the checkout page and the customer can choose the method they want to apply and select the less expensive method.

I don't want to give the customer this choice because the shipping fee for some products will depend on the weight and for others on the volume.
How can I remove this list under the words "Shipping Method" at the top of the checkout page?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 11 months ago #16089

You need to understand how the system works:
it first calculates the total weight of the cart and its volume.
Then, it looks at your shipping methods and filter out the ones for which the restrictions do not match the cart.
If you see two shipping methods there, it's because the system found those two shipping methods matching your current cart weight and volume.
So you should configure them with the restrictions you want so that they will be correctly filtered by the system.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 11 months ago #16107

OK, I got it...it's all very clear now...thanks!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds