USPS Online Prices?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #172437

-- url of the page with the problem -- : casesmithcustoms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I cannot get my website shopping cart to post the USPS online prices even with my webtools ID in place... I contacted USPS to assure my webtools ID is set up for what I want and they say it is...

How can I get online prices to show for checkout USPS shipping?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #172440

Hi,

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...pping-usps-form.html

If you want the plugin works, your products must have a weight ; because it's an online price calculation, it requires to know the weight of the total order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #172531

Thanks for the help..

All my products do have weight and dimensions... The plugin does not pick up the online cheaper prices.. Any other ideas of why this might happen?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago #172539

Hello,
Can you test it with only one product, and if it still not working, can you show me through some screenshots how did you configured :
- Your product dimensions/weight options
- Your USPS shipping method, including the options on the "Restrictions" tab.
- Your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Also, can you test it with all of your USPS services checked ?
Thanks.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #172615

"Can you test it with only one product":

I have only been testing it with one product

- Your product dimensions/weight options

I have them set up in the options/variants section... the product is set for virtual goods, then once they pick the through options/variants the dimensions and weight are set for the size option they choose.

- Your USPS shipping method, including the options on the "Restrictions" tab.

I am trying to get online prices for priority International shipping but online prices do not show up for any of my USPS shipping set ups..

- Your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Login > Cart> Shipping > Payment

Also, can you test it with all of your USPS services checked ?

I did, it does not fix the problem

Here are the screen shots...

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #172646

Hello,

I have them set up in the options/variants section... the product is set for virtual goods, then once they pick the through options/variants the dimensions and weight are set for the size option they choose.

You should only make sure that in your cart, you have at least a product/variant which have dimensions/weight.

Login > Cart> Shipping > Payment

You should add the "Address" step, USPS will need a shipping address to ship your packages.

You should also try it without any weight restriction through the USPS shipping method configuration page.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #172715

1) You should only make sure that in your cart, you have at least a product/variant which have dimensions/weight.

everyone does

2) I did and it did not change anything now

3) I have tried removing the restrictions and still the same result

any ideas here? I just do not understand why it is so difficult to get online and account pricing for shipping considering every business in the entire world work with online and account pricing, regular shipping is far way to expensive for any business to stand a chance...

it took me weeks to get UPS working for my account prices and now USPS, I really need to get this site going so an help here is much appreciated..

9 years 6 months ago #172762

Can you send me a temporary back-end access to your website thourgh a private message so that I can directly test it and understand from where you issue coming ?

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #173110

Hi,

I sent the PM... did you receive it?

Thanks!
Reed

9 years 6 months ago #173136

Hello,
Yes, I just tested it and the USPS shipping method is always correctly displaying, can you clear your browser cache or test it with another browser ?

Attachments:

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #173140

Hi,,

I have to check the domestic set up but my main problem is "Priority Mail International" which I will be using for my main products (cases) internationally... I will be using UPS domestic which I now have working..

For International "case " orders the shipping is not showing up as online pricing and is way to expensive... If you purchase a "standard rack case" and choose the option "4u" for size and ship to Canada by USPS "Priority Mail International" it comes up as 61$ , this is not the cheapest online USPS price (which is like $54) I need the cheapest online prices to show up..

I talked to USPS and they say my web tool id has production setting for all i need/want... I really do not understand why I do not see only online prices...

Thanks for any help

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #173141

BTW, I did clear my browser and used other browsers to no avail...

9 years 6 months ago #173273

The problem is coming from the fact that you have set the "Maximum weight" option of your "First-Class Mail® International" shipping method to 4, and that the "Rack space - 4u" option of your product have a weight set to 13.500 lb, so your "First-Class Mail® International" will never be used.
Also, note that the weight limit of the "First-Class Package International" service is 4 lb.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 6 months ago #173310

Yes, but I am not trying to use First Class International for the rack case, they weight far to much... for the rack cases I am trying to use Priority Mail International and the price to ship to Canada comes to $61.00 for non online and $54.00 for online... My checkout gives the $61.00 price and I need the $54.00 price..

I cannot charge that much when I do not have, need to or want to... it will just hurt sales... I need the online prices...

Thanks for any help

9 years 6 months ago #173322

What do you exactly mean by non online/online :

the price to ship to Canada comes to $61.00 for non online and $54.00 for online.

I've done some tests and the USPS shipping plugin is correctly sending the dimensions and weight of your order product to USPS and is just displaying the price of the USPS response.
You can eventually use a manual shipping method and manually set a price per product so that the price will be as you want.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #173521

I am also experiencing the same issue. The easiest way to understand the problem is if you look at the Fedex Shipping plugin for the Rates option. You have the option of showing the public rates (the rate you would pay if you walked into a fedex office as an everday person with no account) or the discount associated with your company (this one being cheaper). The problem exist with the USPS plugin that it only shows the Retail rate (the price you would pay if you paid for postage in the post office) and not the online rate (the price you pay for purchasing post online) which in all cases is much cheaper than the retail rate.

I'm trying to work around it by putting a negative 1 in the percentage field to offset the price but it does not work in all instances.

9 years 5 months ago #173563

Hello,

The problem exist with the USPS plugin that it only shows the Retail rate (the price you would pay if you paid for postage in the post office) and not the online rate (the price you pay for purchasing post online) which in all cases is much cheaper than the retail rate.

I'm trying to work around it by putting a negative 1 in the percentage field to offset the price but it does not work in all instances.

Yes, I re-checked their documentations and the problem is that I didn't find any parameter which can be used to say "what kind of price" we want, so yes if you really need a reduced price, you'll have to directly edit the code of the USPS plugin.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #173669

Thanks for the help,

I find this to be important since no business want to ship higher prices, especially Internationally ...

Are you saying it is possible to do with a code edit and if so can someone point me in the roght direction?

All the other plugins have the option for "negotiated " or better prices, I do not see why USPS should be different...

Also, now my domestic UPS shipping method is not giving the correct prices, I think it may be because it is grouping my options as separate item but they are not... By the time you pick my product size, colors and hardware it says 3 packages in the UPS shipping info during checkout but it is only 1 package and 1 item is there a way to change this?

Thanks,
Reed

9 years 5 months ago #173717

Hello Reed,
If you want to manually change the price of your USPS rates you'll have to directly change that line :

$rates[$type]->shipping_price += $usps_rates['Rate'];
Through the "usps.php" file of the USPS plugin.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #173819

Thanks Mohamed..

I would not know what to change it to though... can i make a % subtract and just find out the % difference between a non account counter drop off and an online account printed label?

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by reedstickets.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds