How to restrict single product shipping outside US

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #175989

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.15

I'm in the process of setting up my shop and one of the items I sell is Lithium Polymer Batteries and due to US postal restrictions I can not ship the batteries outside of the United States. I would like to be able to restrict the shipment automatically.

I have multiple instances of the USPS shipping method installed (for US and international along with specific weight classes) and I have tried turning on the Use Price Per Product option in each shipping method. I then went to the specific product and blocked all the USPS methods. When I add just the lithium battery to the shopping cart it says No Shipping Method Found, which is fine because it does not let me proceed. However when I add an additional unrestricted product to the cart it separates out the two products in the shipping window. The unrestricted product gives correct shipping prices while the restricted product says No Shipping Needed and allows me to proceed to the checkout screen and keeps the restricted the product in the cart.

So what is the best way to configure Hikashop to restrict a single shipment outside the USA using the USPS plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago #175996

Hello,

So what is the best way to configure Hikashop to restrict a single shipment outside the USA using the USPS plugin?

The best solution will probably be to do as you have done with the "Block" option of the "Shipping prices" tab of you product configuration page, but not that you can also use warehouses and restrict your shipping method and products to different warehouses.

9 years 6 months ago #176055

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

The best solution will probably be to do as you have done with the "Block" option of the "Shipping prices" tab of you product configuration page, but not that you can also use warehouses and restrict your shipping method and products to different warehouses.

That doesn't work either, you get the same results as blocking when using the warehouse option.

Not only do neither of the options prevent the restricted item from shipping, they actually allow the item to be included in the order and the weight of the item is not included in the shipping calculation. So basically the customer can pay for the order and then get free shipping on the restricted item.

I suspect how it should work is that if you have a "restricted" item in your cart, then there should be a message indicating a restricted item is in the cart and not let you proceed to checkout. It does work like this as long as only the restricted item is in the cart. As soon as you add a non-restricted item to the cart is where you have a problem.

If you have anything else I can try I would appreciate it. I can't give you access to my site because it's still on localhost.

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by wayneft.

9 years 6 months ago #176196

Hello,
Don't worry I'll directly do the tests on my end :), also does your " Lithium Polymer Batteries" product have weight and dimensions ?

9 years 6 months ago #176302

Just weight, I don't use the dimensions on the products.

9 years 6 months ago #176327

Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end so that I can directly test it ? and also tell me which products you are using ?

9 years 6 months ago #176369

Unfortunately I can't because it's still on localhost. This is one of two final issues I need to resolve before I can upload my new website.

9 years 6 months ago #176375

Ok so can you give me some screenshots of how did you configured your :
- " Lithium Polymer Batteries" product
- Shipping methods

Thanks.

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

9 years 6 months ago #176517

I think what I'm going to do is work on getting my site live first and then giving you backend end access to look into the issue. I'll revisit the issue later when I'm up and running.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds