Fedex Shipping Rate Estimation

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #177439

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22

Hello,
I am having trouble finding a solution for my shipping estimation problem. I sell multiple paint products. They range in size from aerosol cans up to gallon cans. I am using the fedex plugin to estimate shipping. It works great but it isn't configured to how we actually package and ship the products. If I don't choose group packages as an option, it calculates shipping as 1 box per product. This is fine for the gallons of paint but for the smaller products, we package like products together in the same boxes. Is there a way I can configure the fedex shipping method to estimate the cost by grouping some products together in the same box and some by themselves in another box? For example, if someone purchases 3 aerosol cans, 2 quarts and 1 gallon, we would use 3 separate boxes to ship them. The 3 aerosol cans in one, the 2 quarts in another and the gallon by itself. Is there anyway of achieving this with Hikashop and the fedex plugin? Thank you.
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177481

Hello Josh,

Is there a way I can configure the fedex shipping method to estimate the cost by grouping some products together in the same box and some by themselves in another box?

The solution will just be to :
- Create 2 warehouses
- Create 2 FedEx shipping methods with different warehouses
- Go to your products configuration page and add a warehouse through the "Warehouse" option so that some product will be only shipped by the "grouped package" FedEx shipping method and that some product shipped by the second FedEx shipping method.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #177658

Thank you for the solution. I just configured like you described and it partially works. When I have multiple products with multiple Fedex shipping methods in the cart, it gives me an error message that no shipping method is found. When I have products with the same warehouse shipping method, it gives me the correct estimation, whether it is grouped packages or not. Do you know why it won't work when there are mixed shipping methods in the cart. Thank you.
Josh

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177660

Hello,
Can you give me more details about what do you exactly mean by :

When I have multiple products with multiple Fedex shipping methods in the cart

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds