Country and weight based shipping costs

• Thank you received: 8
9 years 4 months ago #182957

-- url of the page with the problem -- : gur-technologies.co.il/
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Hello,

I've got a request from my client to add a quite complicated shipping methods and I've got now idea how can and if it can be done using Hikashop essential.

The client offers two shipping methods:

1. Economy Service - Fixed cost to the entire world per 2KG.

2. Express Service - In this case there are different countries which are divided into 10 zones with several countries in each zone. A client needs to select the right zone and the cost should be calculated according to the selected zone and the weight of the package. There is a base cost for each zone and each additional KG should cost more according to the fixed price set for this zone.

BTW, I'm trying to add liter Weight symbols but it won't get saved...

PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!!

Update:
I've made some testings of my own, read allot and learned how to achieve what I need, well, almost.

For the first option - Economy Service:
1. I've created a shipping method for the economy and set it's price to 0.
2. I've created a zone "WorldWide" and wonted to add all countries except for mine but there is no option to select all. Going over all the countries manually is suicide. Is there an option to select all then exclude my country?
2. I've enabled the "Use price per product" option.
3. I've added the shipping cost to a test product. Here I got a little confused. My package is 6KG and I would like to charge extra $10 for every 2KG but the cost calculated according to the units of the product and has nothing to do with the weight of the packed. Am I missing something?

For the second option - Express Service:
1. I've created 10 zones and added my countries accordingly.
2. I've created 10 shipping methods, one for each zone as the prices are different.
3. I've added all 10 shipping options to my test product manually and now I'm facing the same problem as before. The price is calculated by the amount of products and not by weight. In addition, the client would like to have a base cost for the first KG and an extra of x $ for every additional KG. Is that possible?

*Another issue I'm facing is the fact that the shipping options are presented according to the shipping zone. In my client's site there is only "Guest" purchase without registration. The user needs to fill all info and click on "Next" to see the shipping options but then they have no effect over the total cost.
Managed to solve this issue by rearranging my checkout process. Is there an option to add a "Previous" button to the process? There is just "Next" and what if the client likes to edit some details?

Regards,

Guy.

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by theguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 4 months ago #183022

Hello,

I've created a zone "WorldWide" and wonted to add all countries except for mine but there is no option to select all. Going over all the countries manually is suicide. Is there an option to select all then exclude my country?

There is no option, to "exclude" a zone for your shipping method so you'll have to manually create your zone "Rest of the world" by adding every countries except the one you want to exclude.

I've added the shipping cost to a test product. Here I got a little confused. My package is 6KG and I would like to charge extra $10 for every 2KG but the cost calculated according to the units of the product and has nothing to do with the weight of the packed. Am I missing something?

In your case the solution will probably be to send your product per KG or per 2KG so that you 1 product will be 2 KG, it will enable you to correctly use the "shipping price per product" as you want to.

Managed to solve this issue by rearranging my checkout process. Is there an option to add a "Previous" button to the process? There is just "Next" and what if the client likes to edit some details?

In that case you should set the "Display checkout progress bar" option to "Checkout Progress with ending/without end" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

9 years 4 months ago #183095

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your replay.

There is no option, to "exclude" a zone for your shipping method so you'll have to manually create your zone "Rest of the world" by adding every countries except the one you want to exclude.

I thought about doing it this way but there is no option to select all the countries and no option to show all of them in one page. The most I can get is 100 per page and there are over 200 pages. Sorry but this is an unacceptable method of doing things. Or am I missing something?

In your case the solution will probably be to send your product per KG or per 2KG so that you 1 product will be 2 KG, it will enable you to correctly use the "shipping price per product" as you want to.

That won't work for me. The products have different weights and defining them as 1KG or 2KG each will be incorrect. The client offers cleaning products and the weight is indicated in the product description. On top of that, it won't provide an option to define a base cost for lets say the first 5KG and another x $ per additional KG as the client requested.

In that case you should set the "Display checkout progress bar" option to "Checkout Progress with ending/without end" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

That will work... thanks.

I have to say it's very surprising you don't have a way of calculating shipping costs based on weight as this is the MOST COMMON way of calculating shipping costs by all delivery companies all over the world. Wouldn't you agree?

Are there any other options to achieve my client's fairly reasonable request to calculate shipping costs?

Update
Read some previous posts and did some thinking. I guess this will be your next suggestion. Dividing the different shipping costs to levels of weights. For example:
1Kg-5Kg - $30
5.1Kg-10Kg - $50
10.1Kg-15Kg - $75
15.1Kg-20Kg - $90

So I guess this solved my issue with the weight. Hope the client will go for it.

Guy.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 4 months ago #183119

Hello,
The solution will just be to use set the "All zones" filter option to "country", and the "Display#" filter option to "All", and then select all the other country and then add them.
Then the solution will be to directly use the "minimum/maximum weight" options and then create as much shipping methods as you need ( shipping method 1 : [0.1KG-2KG] - shipping method 2 : [2.1KG-4KG] - shipping method 3 : [4.1KG-6KG] - ...)

9 years 4 months ago #183243

The solution will just be to use set the "All zones" filter option to "country", and the "Display#" filter option to "All", and then select all the other country and then add them.

I've tried your solution in several ways but I'm not able to show "all" items. When I click on "all" I get 100. This is the maximum amount that your component will allow me to present. when I'm in the main "Zones" screen and select countries, I get 100 top as well. Then I've tried to tick them all and click on new but only the first country is selected. In my case Afghanistan.

When I try to edit my shipping zone and try to add more countries I get the lighbox opened but again, only 100 can be presented. Even if I click on all.

You have some sort of a bug!!!

Another question, is it possible to assign a currency to a language so it will automatically changes?

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 months ago #183261

Hi,

There are only a bit more than 200 countries. So that's maximum three page of zones to add and as mohamed told you, when you click on the top chekbox of the sub zones selection listing, it will select all the zones displayed.
So that's about 10 clicks max to add all the countries as sub zones of your shipping zone.
The "all" selection is blocked so that you don't crash your pages yourself because if you were to display the 5000 zones on one page, your web server would probably stop the processing of the page because of too much data to process. So HikaShop limits that "all" selection to avoid that.

The currency cannot change based on the language. You can display a currency switcher module with the module of the same name that is preinstalled with HikaShop and that you can enable via the Joomla modules manager.
You can also automatically select the currency of the user when he arrives on the website with the geolocation system:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hop-geolocation.html

9 years 4 months ago #183640

Hi,

Thank you for everything. I've managed to setup all shipping zones and methods just the right way.
BTW, the Geolocation is available in the business version only so I don't know if the client would like to have it upgraded.

Regards,

Guy.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds