Free postage over $600

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #202760

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Spartan
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping method found

Hello, I would like to offer free postage on orders over $600. I thought I would be able to do this simply by clicking on the restrictions box and then adding the 600 value to the maximum price field. This did not work. Any suggestions? The other issue I am having is that I would prefer to only add the shipping weight not dimensions in order to calculate the shipping for Australia Post plugin. Is this possible and if so where would I find the documentation please. It will take me a long time to add the shipping weight as well as the dimensions which is what I am doing currently. Thanks in advance.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by edward68. Reason: Fixed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 10 months ago #202798

Hi,

Weight and dimensions are required by Australia Post in order to calculate automatically the correct fees.

If you add a 600 to the maximum price field of a shipping method, it means that this shipping method won't be available above this total amount. That's it. You also want to create another shipping method of the type "manual shipping methods" with a minimum price of 600 and a price of 0 if you want to display a free shipping method above that 600 total amount.

The following user(s) said Thank You: edward68

8 years 10 months ago #203197

Hello, I have tried exactly what you said and it worked fine. Some time later I decided to change the amount to $400 instead of $600 and now it no longer works. Any suggestions. Thanks very much for you help.

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 10 months ago #203199

Hi,

Well, it's the same for 400$, just with the different number.
So you must have forgotten something when doing the change.
Please provide screenshots of the settings of your different shipping methods so that we can see what you did.

The following user(s) said Thank You: edward68

8 years 8 months ago #210203

-- HikaShop version: 2.4.0
-- Joomla! version: 3.4.1

Hi,

I just found out that there is a problem with the minimum/ maximum price for free shipping: I want shipping to be free for orders from 30 euros. So I have two shipping methods:

1 - shipping with costs -> maximum price field = 30.00
2 - free shipping -> minimum price field = 30.00

Works fine, except someone orders for exactly 30.00 euros - then only shipping method 1 is shown.

So I changed my shipping methods as follows:

1 - shipping with costs -> maximum price field = 29.99
2 - free shipping -> minimum price field = 30.00

Now, when someone orders for 30.00 euros, neither shipping method 1 nor 2 are shown.

Where's my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by kaliscott.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 8 months ago #210207

Hi,

And if order for 31€ ? Is there a moment when the free shipping is display ? (You did not mentioned it).

Please provide a screenshot of your two shipping restrictions.
You have to be sure that the other restrictions are identical too, like the "include virtual product price" and "with tax".

Please update to HikaShop 2.5.0 which is the latest stable HikaShop version.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaliscott

8 years 8 months ago #210305

Hi Jerome,

thanks for your reply. You'll find attached two screenshots of the shipping restrictions.

Here's what is shown if you order for...

1) ...29.99 euros -> shipping with costs
2) ...30.00 euros -> no shipping method
3) ...30.01 euros -> free shipping

I found out that in HikaShop prices are being changed after saving a product: When I save a product that is offered for 30.00 euros gross and then open the product page again, the price is changed to 29.999996. That is more than 29.99 (-> over maximum for shipping with costs), but less than 30.00 (-> under minimum for free shipping), which would explain why neither method 1 nor 2 is shown.

Setting the maximum price for shipping with costs to 30.00 would close this "gap", but if you now order for 30.00 euros, then only shipping with costs is shown.

So if I want free shipping for orders from 30.00 euros, I have to set both the maximum price for shipping with costs and the minimum price for free shipping to 29.99 - doen't really make sense, but it works.

Now the only question I have left is: Can I stop HikaShop from changing the prices given? I want the product price to be 30.00 euros, not 29.999996 euros...

Thank you and kind regards,

Frank

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 8 months ago #210314

Hello,

1) ...29.99 euros -> shipping with costs
2) ...30.00 euros -> no shipping method
3) ...30.01 euros -> free shipping

The solution will just be to set the "Minimum Price" option of your Free shipping method to 30 euros, also regarding your product, the issue is probably coming from the tax rate of the product tax category used on your product configuration page.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds