Restrictions on Shipping Cost

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 2 months ago #225759

-- HikaShop version -- : 26.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m

Hello,
I want to manage different shipping cost, depending on single products. I have products in my shop which require to be shipped via specific conditions. 2 examples:
- I have to order an individual product uniquely from switzerland and this requires quite high shipping and custom cost.
- I have products which require safety Standards for being shipped which is more expensive.
I would like to manage HS a few shipping methods
1. Standard shipping method DHL 4,99 EUR
2. express shipping method DHL 8,99 EUR
3. Safety Shipping Method 49,00 EUR
4. Individual shipping (individual Price)

I want that HS offers regularely method 1 and 2.
as soon as the customer adds a product which requests safety or individual shipping, HS must offer shipping method 3 (and 4), but not 1 and 2 any more. How do I define the products and shipping methods in order to work like this?

best regards,
Bernhard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 2 months ago #225785

Hello Bernhard,

The solution will be to :
1. Create your 4 manual shipping methods with different name and shipping prices.

- Create 2 warehouses, named for example "normal delivery" and "Safe or individual shipping".
- Set the warehouse option of every "normal" product to the "Normal delivery" warehouse.
- Set the warehouse option of every product which requests safety or individual shipping to the "Safe or individual shipping".

- Set the warehouse option of your shipping methods 1 and 2 to "normal delivery".
- Set the warehouse option of your shipping methods 3 and 4 to "Safe or individual shipping".

8 years 2 months ago #225848

all right, I expected a workaround like this.
I will try and will let you know.

Thanks,
Bernhard

8 years 2 months ago #226267

Hi,
I tested but it does not work as I wanted to.
Please read again my 1st description what I finally would like to have:
I want that HS offers regularely method 1 and 2.
as soon as the customer adds a product which requests safety or individual shipping, HS must offer shipping method 3 (and 4), but not 1 and 2 any more. How do I define the products and shipping methods in order to work like this?

When I configure warehouses, shipping methods and products as you suggest, then i get the following result:
- as Long as the customer buys products which have the warehouse Option "normal delivery", the customer just gets Standard shipping methods 1 and 2
- as soon as the customer adds min. 1 product which has the warehouse Option set to "save or individual shipping", the System offers the additional shipping methods 3 and 4 for the additional single product, but it does not block or suppress shipping method 1 and 2.
The customer will not accept to pay shipping cost twice - once for regular shipping and once for safe and individual shipping.

Can you understand which functionality I would like to have?
regards,
Bernhard

8 years 2 months ago #226287

Hello Bernhard,

If you only want your shipping method 1/2 or 3/4 to be displayed the only solution will be to define which group of shipping method you want to be displayed if products of both categories are in your cart, and then :
- Use the "Use price per product" option on your shipping methods configuration page
- Go to your products configuration page
- Block the shipping methods that you don't want to be used through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page

For example for a product from the second group, you'll block the shipping methods 1/2.

8 years 2 months ago #227017

Hi,

ok, this seems to be a Feature which I was not Aware before.
But I am still not able to use it. Let me try to explain what I think I understood and what I tested:
- I enable the Price per Procuct Plugin
- I configure the shipping methods 3 and 4 (the expensive ones) and set "use Price per product" to yes.
- the field "Price per product" appears and I Keep it empty because I do not want that the costomer has to pay for example double shipping cost if he wants to buy 2 pieces of the same product.
- I go to product configuration, this has now a new tab "Shopping Prices" if this individual product has the warehouse configured to the "save or individual shippiing" method.
- I appended screenshot HS_shippingprices.jpg.

I have no glue what to configure there. what means blocking? I would have to block the normal shipping medhods 1 and 2. but they are not displayed to be blocked. Is there any documentation existing which describes this Feature "Shipping Prices" ?

Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #227059

Hello,

I have no glue what to configure there. what means blocking? I would have to block the normal shipping medhods 1 and 2. but they are not displayed to be blocked. Is there any documentation existing which describes this Feature "Shipping Prices" ?

Blocking will means that if you have that product on your cart, the shipping method won't be used/available for that product.
Also, if you don't see the second shipping method, it probably means that you should unset the warehouses restrictions that you have set through your products and shipping methods.

8 years 2 months ago #227120

Hello,

Blocking will means that if you have that product on your cart, the shipping method won't be used/available for that product.
  1. What does this mean: ... if you have that product on your Cart, ... wont be used/available for that product" ???
  2. is there any documentation available?
  3. .. that you should unset the warehousess restirctions...
    " => does this mean that I cannot Combine your 1st Suggestion with your 2nd Suggestion?

8 years 2 months ago #227121

Hi, i made again a test, with the following result:
if I remove the warehouse restriction on the product and save the product, then the tab for shipping Prices disappears.
if I add any other warehouse restriction (1 or 2 normal shipping) then the tab for shipping Prices disappears also
if I add the warehouse restriction 4 (expensive shipping) then the tab for shipping Prices appears and I can add Parameters and the blocking checkbox, but I have no glue what the Parameters mean and how it works together.
again: not documentation available?

8 years 2 months ago #227170

Hello,

1. It just means that the shipping method won't be available if it's "blocked" on the configuration page of the product that is in your cart.

2. www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...form.html#additional
Yes, the 1st suggestion enable you to only use shipping methods for products based on their warehouse, the 2nd suggestion enable your to use shipping methods based on if they are blocked or not by products through the "Shipping prices" tab.

If I remove the warehouse restriction on the product and save the product, then the tab for shipping Prices disappears.
if I add any other warehouse restriction (1 or 2 normal shipping) then the tab for shipping Prices disappears also

Did you tried to remove the warehouse restriction on your products AND and your shipping methods ?

8 years 2 months ago #227243

Hi,
I made a couple of further Tests and I learned a Little bit more.
Removing the warehouse restrictions in the shipping methods and the products changed the whole Thing and the System works differently.

although the System does not do what I want, so I try to explain again with a much more simple Setup. Please try to follow:
I have 1 product "Cat" which I can ship with DPD Standard and I have 1 product "Tiger" which require to be shipped with DPD safety shipping. I expect the following System behavior (3 use cases):

1. 1 Cat in cart => only shipping method "DPD Standard" available
  2. 1 Tiger in cart => only shipping method "DPD safety shipping" available
  3. 1 Cat and 1 Tiger in cart => only shipping method "DPD safety shipping" available
I configure 2 shipping methods:
1. DPD Standard: Use Price per product is set to YES
2. DPD Safety Shipping: use Price per product is set to YES

I configure product "Cat" with no restrictions in shipping cost.
I configure product "Tiger" with Shipping Prices "DPD Standard" blocked.
  1. 1 Cat in cart => Both shipping methods are available (DPD Standard and DPD safety shipping) => PROBLEM!!!
  2. 1 Tiger in cart => only shipping method "DPD safety shipping" available => OK
  3. 1 Cat and 1 Tiger in cart => only shipping method "DPD safety shipping" available => OK

How do I have to configure the System in order to get all 3 uses cases as requested.

Thank you,
regards,
Bernhard

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Bernhard7.

8 years 2 months ago #227315

Hello Bernhard,

1 Cat in cart => Both shipping methods are available (DPD Standard and DPD safety shipping) => PROBLEM!!!

There is no option to hide a shipping method if only a defined product is in your cart and display it if we add a product from a "different category". If you exactly want it to work like this, you'll have to use some code customization on the shipping system but that will require development skills.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 1 month ago #229194

I pretty much have the exact same problem. I have some products that weigh hundreds of pounds and require trucks, and some products which ship standard USPS.

I have been researching this trying to figure out if Hika will work for us. Are we saying that there is no way to restrict shipping by products?

This could be done by weight of cart if that helps. Is there any way to say if the cart weighs more than 100 lbs then it must ship by freight. If that were the case, then it wouldn't matter how many or what kinds of products are in the cart, the weight of the cart would overule and put in shipping that applied to the total cart.

If it helps, the product that we use in opencart to accomplish this is here at

www.opencartaddons.com/extensions/advanced-shipping-pro

It is amazingly flexible and would definitely fix my issue as well as Bernhard's

Thanks

8 years 1 month ago #229225

Hello,

I have been researching this trying to figure out if Hika will work for us. Are we saying that there is no way to restrict shipping by products?

No, as I said in my previous post you can use the "price per product" option :

- Use the "Use price per product" option on your shipping methods configuration page
- Go to your products configuration page
- Block the shipping methods that you don't want to be used through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page

But the problem is that if you have products from both shipping categories in your cart, then both shipping methods won't be displayed .
The second solution will be to use warehouses, then both shipping methods will be displayed but only used for the good product.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds