Setup Shipping Zones by Suburb

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 10 months ago #242484

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1

Hi, I am trying to setup suburb shipping zones, I have completed the following:

1. Created Zones... Type: Shipping Zones (lets call the zones, zone a, zone b, etc)
  2. Created a Custom Field... Table: address | Field Type: Zone | Zone: Shipping Zones | Display Front End: Yes (all zones are showing in the dropdown)
  3. Created Shipping method... Type: HikaShop manual shipping plugin | Restrictions - Zone: selected desired zone (e.g. zone a)

Now when I test it in the front end and select 'zone a' the shipping method i have set up for zone a does not show.

Am i missing something?

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by danpoole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 10 months ago #242513

Hello,
The best solution in your case will be to follow each step of the "shipping method" section of the FAQ :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#ship

7 years 10 months ago #242623

Hi Mohamed, Thank you for your reply, I have now gone through the checklist and still have no positive results. I have added screen shots so you can confirm I have set it up correctly.

7 years 10 months ago #242662

Hello,

Your issue is that you can't filter your shipping method regarding a zone using a custom field, but using the defaults address fields. Also, Can you show us how you configured your custom zone through some screenshots ?

Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #242793

Your issue is that you can't filter your shipping method regarding a zone using a custom field, but using the defaults address fields.

Sorry, I'm not understanding if you are telling me a solution, fact or stating my problem? If you are stating my problem then yes I am trying to filter a shipping method by using a custom field that is selecting shipping zones and it is not working.

Can you show us how you configured your custom zone through some screenshots ?

By Custom Zone do you mean the zone setting in System > Zones? The setup for this is shown in the image 02-zone.jpg.

If this is not correct then please specify the location of the screen shot you require (e.g. Display > custom fields > etc.)

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #242807

Hello,

I'm sorry If my response wasn't clear, I'm telling a fact, for the moment you can't restrict a shipping method :
- On a custom shipping zone which don't have any sub-zone
- By using a custom field which will only enable your customers to select their delivery suburb and display it through invoices.

In fact, for the moment you can only restrict your shipping methods by zones using countries and states zones (also by using post codes) that you can find via "Hikashop->System->Zones". If you want to create a custom shipping zone, you'll have to add some countries/states in it as "sub-zones".

To do what you want, the best solution will probably be to directly edit the code of the shipping plugin to support the "suburb" restriction which will require some development skills.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 10 months ago #242855

Thank you Mohamed, that is clear now, I will look into doing it a different way now.

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 2 weeks ago #266798

Hello,

I am trying to setup shipping by suburb name as they only deliver to certain suburbs.

I have tried the following:
Setting up a zone -> type: state -> and added -> added suburbs -> type: state to the zone
Setting up a zone -> type: shipping -> and added the state zone above

Also tried adding a shipping zone with the suburb added as type: state and also as type:ship

In shipping zones I added a manual shipping using restrictions of the shipping zone created above.

When I go through checkout and add a suburb included in setup above it shows error 'no shipping method;.

I use Joomla 3.6.5 and Hikashop Business 3.0.1.

I hope you can assist.

Kind regards
Lene

7 years 2 weeks ago #266852

Hello Lene,

We'll probably need to see through some screenshots how you configured your shipping methods but also your zones, to properly understand why you are having that issue.

7 years 2 weeks ago #266890

Hi Mohamed,

I have attached photos of the setup.

state-zones.jpg - shows the states added as sub-zones to state zone
shipping-zone.jpg - shows the shipping zone with the added state above as sub-zone. It also shows other options that I have tried to get it working
shipping-manual.jpg - shows the manual shipping that I have setup adding the shipping zone that I setup above

The site is only on my localhost at the moment.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 2 weeks ago #266917

Hello Lene,

As I said through my last message :

In fact, for the moment you can only restrict your shipping methods by zones using countries and states zones (also by using post codes) that you can find via "Hikashop->System->Zones". If you want to create a custom shipping zone, you'll have to add some countries/states in it as "sub-zones".

To do what you want, the best solution will probably be to directly edit the code of the shipping plugin to support the "suburb" restriction which will require some development skills.

For the moment you can only restrict your shipping methods by using the "countries" and "states" fields, so to support the "Suburb" field, you'll have to directly edit the code of your shipping method.

7 years 2 weeks ago #267031

Hello Mohamed,

The most important thing is that people do not place an order to a suburb that they do not delivery to. Is it possible to add a custom field where they have to select the suburb that they want delivery to. The drop down selection will only include those suburbs? Would that be custom field or characteristics. The field must be 'required'.

I just need a workaround for the suburb delivery restriction.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

7 years 2 weeks ago #267058

Hello,

Well, you can create a required custom field from the "Address" table, but as I said, you'll have to edit the code of our shipping method to support it which will require development skills.
Else using that custom field will have no effect on your shipping methods.

7 years 2 weeks ago #267100

Hello,

Gould I have some guidance please. A shop is no good without shipping...

I have attached some images from another flower shop; www.belflora.com.au/ . You can select delivery suburb and calculate delivery.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by lt635.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 week ago #267174

Hello,

As Mohamed explained, there is no such feature in HikaShop and it requires some custom development.
Please understand that even if there is not the feature you want, the shipping system is working. Maybe not the exact way you want but you can have shipping methods with prices, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 1 week ago #267222

Hello,

Sorry to be a pain but I really need to work out a solution. The problem here is that you might have water between places and you have to drive around the water to get to next and they are in the same postcode. For example one postcode has 24 suburbs but they only deliver to 13 of them.

I am not a programmer but I am happy to manually edit whatever I can to get this working. Is there any zones I can modify to get this working? Only other thing that is important is that payment needs to work with PayPal.

I saw the comment below on another post:

deactivate all the countries and modify the types of the states of your country to be countries and modify the type of the substates to be states. That however will mean that you'll only be able to create addresses for your country in your checkout. If you need to ship to other countries too, then you would have to code a new shipping plugin to handle the address_city field value and keep your zones setup like you did, and also modify the view files displaying the custom address fields to dynamically load the sub states for the address_city field.

I don't know if the above solution would work with PayPal. And if it could work a few more steps would be appreciated.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 week ago #267248

Hello,

In HikaShop you can create "shipping zones".
In these zone, you can insert country and states ; allowing you to have determined zones for your restrictions.
But a zone cannot go "deeper" than the state ; no "postcode" or "city" are handle.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 10 months ago #271323

Hi Jerome,

Sorry, I need to ask one more question about this as I have another client that is after the same....

Is it possible to do shipping by radius? If you are within 5km it's free if 10km then you pay $5 etc.

I need to find a software that can cater for this type of shipping.

Thanks
Kind regards
Lene

6 years 10 months ago #271343

Hello Lene,

There is actually no option to do that so it will require code customization.

Here is a thread that will probably help you :
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...triction.html#236490

If post codes ranges limitations don't work for that case, the only option left is to have the shipping plugin geolocation the address with a specific API, like google's:
developers.google.com/maps/documentation...o#GeocodingResponses
Then, when the plugin get the latitude and longitude of the address, it does some math to calculate whether the point is in that 25km radius around the shop's latitude/longitude point.
So it will require the development of a shipping plugin.
Basically, a copy of the manual shipping plugin, which just three options added for the longitude/latitude/radius values of the store, and the implementation of the onShippingDisplay function where the gelocation API would be called, the math done, and the shipping methods from $methods array would be filtered if matching or not and if so, added to the $usable_methods array.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#onShippingDisplay

6 years 10 months ago #271436

Hi Mohamed,

It is exactly the same issue as the thread you linked to. I am not a programmer so I do need to try to find a solution. I have been using Hikashop Business for some years now and I really like the software. I have checked another highly rated eCommerce software where they say they can provided the radius shipping option. But I do prefer to stick to Hikashop if I can.

My question is, with the radius calculation can Hikashop do if for a fee? And if so, how much?

Regarding the suburb shipping, is there a way where you manually add the suburbs you ship to, and the shipping is restricted to the suburbs added? And again, could it be done for a fee, and if so, how much?

I just need to know so I can tell my client what I can or can't do.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds