Flat rate shipping to all non-virtual items

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 6 months ago #252613

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2

HI Nicolas,

I am trying to set a flat rate shipping to all products that are not downloadable.
Searched for a solution in the forum, but they appeared to be more per-product basis.

Is it possible to set up a default flat rate shipping to everything, unless it is a downloadable product. And also to offer an option to contact the shop owner if the shipping method is not valid for the buyers zone (we only ship inside Australia by default, but custom requests are permitted).

Thank you in advance,

Giedre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 6 months ago #252632

Hello Giedre,

Is it possible to set up a default flat rate shipping to everything, unless it is a downloadable product.

Sure, the solution will just be to set a weight / dimensions to your shippable products and set the "Force shipping regardless of weight" option to NO via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

And also to offer an option to contact the shop owner if the shipping method is not valid for the buyers zone (we only ship inside Australia by default, but custom requests are permitted).

The solution will be to directly edit your translation file via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages" and directly add your "Contact the shop owner" text by edit that translation line :

NO_SHIPPING_TO_YOUR_ZONE="No shipping methods available for your location"

7 years 6 months ago #252865

Thanks for your advise.

The only thing I wanted to clarify, i would have to set the same identical dimensions to all products to have the same shipping. Is that correct?

Can you apply different shipping methods to different product categories?

Thanks in advance.

Giedre

7 years 5 months ago #252871

Hello Giedre,

The only thing I wanted to clarify, i would have to set the same identical dimensions to all products to have the same shipping. Is that correct?

If you don't set any dimension restriction through your manual shipping configuration page then you can set your product dimensions as you want to.

Can you apply different shipping methods to different product categories?

Sure, by using warehouses :
- Create a warehouse via "Hikahsop->System->Warehouses"
- Add that warehouse through the "warehouse" option of your product configuration page
- Add that warehouse through the "warehouse" option of your shipping
or by using price per products :
- Set the "Use price per product" option to YES through your shipping method configuration page.
- Use options of the "Shipping prices" tab of your products configuration pages according to its product category.

7 years 5 months ago #253322

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried your offered method with shipping methods and warehouses, but for some reason shipping price does not appear in the cart.
The test product has weight, dimensions added, and the shipping method has been created for the specific warehouse.

This message contains confidential information

Thank you in advance

7 years 5 months ago #253345

Hello,

The test product has weight, dimensions added, and the shipping method has been created for the specific warehouse.

Did you also set the "Warehouse" option on your product configuration page ?

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds