Shipping method cost per kg

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 2 weeks ago #266437

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5

Hello,

I want a shipping method for inside Athens and one for outside of Athens, the first will cost 2.70€ and the second 3.50€.
Now, all products have weight, could the shipping method's cost calculate for example, 2.70€+0.80€ for every extra kg?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 2 weeks ago #266459

Hello,

I want a shipping method for inside Athens and one for outside of Athens

The solution will be to :
- Create a new shipping zone via "Hikashop->System->Zones" with in it the "Athens" zone.
- Use that zone through the "Zone" option of your shipping configuration page

- Create another shipping zone with in it every zone different than "Athens"
- Use that zone through the "Zone" option of your second shipping configuration page

Now, all products have weight, could the shipping method's cost calculate for example, 2.70€+0.80€ for every extra kg?

If you sell your product per KG, then you'll just have to add a value for the "Price per product" option of your shipping configuration page.

Else, you'll be able to adapt your shipping price for each product by using the "shipping price per products" feature :
- Set the "Use price per product" option to YES through your shipping method configuration page.
- Use options of the "Shipping prices" tab of your products configuration pages.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 weeks ago #266709

Hi Mohamed,

i have created the zones yes.

All products have the weight value filled, so, let's say for example that i have a product in my cart that weights 12kg and another one that weights 4kg, the shipping method cost for orders inside Athens and maximum weight 2kg is 2.70€ and according to the extra kg from all the products in my cart must be added the ammount of 0.80€ for each extra kg.

I sell products by the piece not by weight by i need the product's weight to calculate the shipping method's prices.

Else, you'll be able to adapt your shipping price for each product by using the "shipping price per products" feature :
- Use options of the "Shipping prices" tab of your products configuration pages.

Where are those features? I can't find them.

Thank you

7 years 2 weeks ago #266753

Hello,

If you don't see any "Shipping prices" tab through your product configuration page, you'll have to publish the "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin" plugin.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 weeks ago #266823

Hi,

the plugin is already published but i still don't see any shipping prices tab

Thank you

Attachments:

7 years 1 week ago #266837

Hello,

Did you also set the "Use price per product" option to YES through your shipping method configuration page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Hikashop Business
6 years 7 months ago #277415

Hi and have a good month,

All products have the weight value filled, so, let's say for example that i have a product in my cart that weights 12kg and another one that weights 4kg, the shipping method cost for orders inside Athens and maximum weight 2kg is 2.70€ and according to the extra kg from all the products in my cart must be added the ammount of 0.80€ for each extra kg.

I sell products by the piece not by weight by i need the product's weight to calculate the shipping method's prices.

I still can't understand how to make this work, it's pretty urgent please help?

Thank you again

6 years 7 months ago #277421

Hello,

As I said trough my last message :

- Set the "Use price per product" option to YES through your shipping method configuration page.

If you have properly published the "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin" plugin, can you check through your shipping methods configuration page that you have set the "Use price per product" to YES ?

Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 7 months ago #277672

Hi,

i have set "Use price per product" to yes, i have not filled in any prices per product, in the files attached you will see the configuration i did in the "shipping prices" tab in product configuration page.
The problem is that in this perticular product the weight is 10.200kg and if i understand correctly i have to add actions for every possible minimum quantity? Otherwise, if i add 2 quantities of this product (20.400kg) the extra cost should be: product price+cost of courier+23€ weight cost (1.15 for every extra kg).

Please i really need some help with this it's confusing!

Thank you again

Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #277691

Hello,

The problem is that in this perticular product the weight is 10.200kg and if i understand correctly i have to add actions for every possible minimum quantity? Otherwise, if i add 2 quantities of this product (20.400kg) the extra cost should be: product price+cost of courier+23€ weight cost (1.15 for every extra kg).

In that case, the best solution will probably be to directly set the "price" option to 10.35€ through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 7 months ago #277737

Hi again,

this solution works but only for products over 2kg.
If i have a product that weights 500gr, and a customer orders 5 pieces of that product it does not work correctly.
Up to 4 pieces (2 kg) it should not add weight cost BUT from 5 pieces and more it should add 1.15 for each kg.
It's very confusing.

Thank you

6 years 7 months ago #277758

Hello,

Up to 4 pieces (2 kg) it should not add weight cost BUT from 5 pieces and more it should add 1.15 for each kg.
It's very confusing.

In that case, the solution will be to :
- Create another shipping method with the "Maximum weight" option set to 2 and with a fixed price

- Set the "Minimum weight" option of your actual shipping method to 2

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds