syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ',' or ';'

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 9 months ago #273088

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.hosting-webdesign.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ',' or ';'

Good Day,

I bought Hikashop Essential and when I click on : HikaShop manual shipping plugin, I get this error : syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ',' or ';'

So I can't add any Shipping methods

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 9 months ago #273094

Hi,

Unfortunately, that's only part of the error message and we don't have the problem on our end.
Can you try again after activating the "error reporting" and "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration ?
The error message should have more information.
Otherwise, please look in the PHP error log of your server for that fatal error. That way, you'll get the full error message with the file and the line where the error is happening.

6 years 9 months ago #273151

This is the error in Debug Mode :

An error has occurred.
0 syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ',' or ';'
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JViewLegacy->loadTemplate() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2140
2 hikashopView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/legacy/view/legacy.php:229
3 JViewLegacy->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2129
4 hikashopView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/plugins/view.html.php:23
5 PluginsViewPlugins->display() JROOT/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:671
6 JControllerLegacy->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:1855
7 hikashopController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:1600
8 hikashopController->edit() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/plugins.php:295
9 PluginsController->edit() JROOT/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:709
10 JControllerLegacy->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:1834
11 hikashopController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:54
12 require_once() JROOT/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:394
13 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:369
14 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php:98
15 JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php:156
16 JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:265
17 JApplicationCms->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #273169

Hello,

That is for sure, I don't like the new way that Joomla 3.7 have to display error messages ; it completely lost the targeted file.
Can you please take a look into your PHP error log in order to have the real and complete error message, including the file where the error occurred ?
Unfortunately, the call stack miss the most important element : the "current file".

If you can have that information, please provide details for these questions :
Can you reproduce the issue in our demo website ?
What is your screen just before the error ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 9 months ago #273188

This is the Errors Log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: php.rtf
File Size:25 KB

My Screen before the error is attached and obviously I am not able to reproduce the error as the Demo is Hikashop Business and I have Hikashop Essential.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Uriel.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 9 months ago #273201

Hi,

That log doesn't contain the error message relative to your problem.

So it looks like the issue is linked to the manual shipping methods plugin on your website.
If you try with another shipping method, do you have the same problem ?
If you rename temporarily the folder plugins/hikashopshipping/manual do you have the same error ?

This looks like you have a corrupt file on your website like you would get if one file of HikaShop was not transfered completely when uploading all the files of the website to your hosting via FTP.
So downloading again the HikaShop install package on our website and installing it on yours again might help.

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds