Shipping methods are only available to new registrations. Not for registered.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #275238

HikaShop is giving the "No shipping method found" for everyone. The strange thing is that if you register as a new user during the checkout process, all of the sudden the shipping options become available. There are 3 options in total. The system either shows all or nothing. This is the only case where I'm seeing that it works is when a user registers from the checkout page. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 8 months ago #275272

Hi,

I suppose that there is a problem with how you configured your shipping methods. Can you provide screenshots of the settings of your shipping methods ?

6 years 8 months ago #275301

Thank you. please find the attached screen caps

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 8 months ago #275302

Hi,

Before the user enter his address, it's normal that you don't see your shipping methods because the only shipping methods you configured are UPS and USPS and both of them require the address of the customer in order to be able to calculate the shipping fees.

I would recommend to modify your "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration in order to have the shipping view on a step after the login view so that the customers are only able to select the shipping methods after they configured at least one address and you won't get that no shipping methods found error for people not yet registered.

6 years 8 months ago #275325

We tried that, but even as a logged in user with an address in the system im still not getting shipping methods. Does it matter that i used a fake address?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #275352

Hello,

Yes, the UPS/USPS services need valid addresses to work.
If they need to give you a quote for shipping they need to know where to ship the merchandise.
So if the address is incorrect or if they can't ship the content (for a lot of reasons) ; they won't give you any estimation and you'll got the message.

Please note that depending the selected "shipping services" you have restrictions for the package size, the distance, the countries, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds