Need to count one product (a set) as 2 for shipping

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #281663

Hello,
I have multiple listings for products that contain more than one item. For example there is a Set of comic books which contains 3 comic books. I sell these as a set, therefore I list them as one product. The problem is that when it comes to shipping I use Quantity to determine shipping cost... therefore when it's checking quantity to choose a shipping method it needs to look at a specified quantity of items rather than the quantity of products.

Does this make sense? Can anyone please help? I"m guessing this is out there somewhere but based on my search terms I am unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #281691

Crazy I figured this would be an easy problem to solve and that I was just overlooking something small, but I'm not getting any response so it must be more difficult that I had expected.

Should I maybe try to use weight? It'd be a pain to go back and update all existing products, but if that's the only way then I guess I will.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #281667

Hello,

I think that you should use something else for your shipping restriction.
If you're not using the weight it could be useful ; so you will set the same weight (like 1g) to every product except of your special product which will be 3 times more (so 3g).
Thanks to that, you'll have a control on the shipping restriction.

Otherwise, I'm afraid that it would require a custom development to get a special customized shipping plugin to answer to your specific request.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds