Odd service label and inaccurate delivery estimates in FedEx plugin

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #284565

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any

Three issues with the FedEx shipping plugin:

1) The FedEx shipping plugin shows one of the FedEx services as "FedEx Express Saver Time Pickup" - this is not a known FedEx shipping service. The plugin uses this shipping service name in the backend, in the cart and in the notification emails. I am assuming that the intended service is supposed to be "FedEx Express Saver", which is the service we generally use. I feel that the erroneous name will confuse our customers since it makes it sound like they will have to pick up their package rather than having it delivered. Please let me know how to make corrections to this shipping service name.

2) The FedEx shipping plugin appears to use some inaccurate language for the estimated arrival times (for the Express Saver service it says "5 days after shipping it" - it should say "3 business days"). Please let me know how to correct this language.

3) The FedEx shipping plugin does not provide any estimated arrival times for the ground service, but does output language that says no estimate available. Please let me know if there is a way to make general corrections to this language.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #284603

Hello,

1 - That name is directly in the plugin source code, but there is a way to translate it.
If you take the name, make it uppercase and replace the space with underscores, you will have the translation key.
All you have to do then is to add your new translation : www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

2 - As point 1, you can override every language translation in your website.

3 - If the API do not provide the estimation, the plugin can't display it.
But as point 1 and 2, you can override every language translation in your website.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #284826

I was able to make a working translation for "FedEd Super Saver Time Pickup" but not for any of the arrival time estimate language (nothing I tried there seemed to work at all). Additionally, trying enter a key and translation for "FedEx Ground (Home Delivery)" broke the language file, presumably due to the presence of the parentheses?

Looked like the only workable solution was to create a second instance of the FedeEx plugin for the ground service and use the notes to provide very general transit times. I believe this will work fine but I would love to see this plugin work better in this regard, perhaps for a future update?

Thank you for the suggested course of action - it solved my biggest problem and got me headed towards a workable solution.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #284852

Hello,

but not for any of the arrival time estimate language (nothing I tried there seemed to work at all)

If you want to dit the "arrival time estimate" text, the solution will probably be to directly edit the value of that translation key :
ESTIMATED_TIME_AFTER_SEND

Additionally, trying enter a key and translation for "FedEx Ground (Home Delivery)" broke the language file, presumably due to the presence of the parentheses?

Yes and in that case, the solution will probably be to directly edit the name property of the shipping service through the file "plugins\hikashopshipping\fedex\fedex.php", by editing these lines :
array('key'=>5,'code' => 'GROUND_HOME_DELIVERY', 'name' => 'FedEx Ground (Home Delivery)', 'countries' => 'USA, PUERTO RICO', 'zones' => array('country_United_States_of_America_223','country_Puerto_Rico_172'), 'destinations' => array('country_United_States_of_America_223','country_Puerto_Rico_172')),

Looked like the only workable solution was to create a second instance of the FedeEx plugin for the ground service and use the notes to provide very general transit times. I believe this will work fine but I would love to see this plugin work better in this regard, perhaps for a future update?

We'll of course try to improve the FedEx shipping plugin on future Hikashop updates, thank you for your feedback !

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds