Once again for the umpteenth time: Canada Post - No Shipping Method Found

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 3 months ago #286052

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.83
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping method found

You know, I don't mind troubleshooting and fixing bugs, but what annoys me more than anything is the limited support provided by this developer and ongoing issues that have continued on for years. I can not stress enough the difficulties I have experienced and lost sales that HIKASHOP Business has cost my client not to mention my reputation (I promised them that HIKASHOP was a great solution.). Now, I've been working with Joomla! components for over a decade and the HIKASHOP Business has been the most frustrating to work with and by far the most disappointing.

That being said, ONCE AGAIN I AM GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE (which began randomly).

No Shipping Method Found

Awesome... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #286065

Hello,

I can see that you have some frustration with HikaShop regarding the "Canada Post" plugin.

Unfortunately, regarding your screenshots we can see that you're not using anymore the free Canada Post plugin that we provide in HikaShop packages.
It's also, not the Canada Post Advanced plugin that I have developed and which is available on our website:
www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/prod...-canadapost-adv.html

So I have to deduce that you're using the Canada Post plugin by E-DIMENSIONZ.

As you will easily understand, we can provide support for our products but not for plugins made by third party developers.
If you have issues with the Canada Post by E-DIMENSIONZ ; you should contact directly that developer for help and bug fixes.

All we can say right now is that, if the Canada Post plugin does not retrieve shipping estimation, HikaShop won't have shipping methods available and will display you that error message.

Please do not make fast and harsh judgments and criticisms which are currently misdirected since your issue is not related to our work.

Specially when that "limited support" (to quote yourself) already helped you to configure the official Canada Post plugin.
CF : www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...-checkout-error.html
And when I can see a 9 months old thread with, at the end, the same e-dimensionz issue :
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...ng-method-found.html

What I'm currently wondering is that, did you not make the same mis-configuration that you did 9 months ago ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 2 months ago #287672

I purchased and installed your Canada Post Advanced Plugin. Now I am getting the following errors:

Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -2001. Message: Merchant CPC Id not found on server.

There is no warehouse usable for that location

Note: I have contacted Canada Post. My account w/them is functioning correctly.

6 years 2 months ago #287676

Hello,

The Message "Merchant CPC Id" not found on server indicate that the credentials are not working.

Now regarding your screenshot, you right have the plugin "Canada Post (Advanced)" installed in your website but you need to create a new shipping method using that plugin.
Your "Canada Post" method is still the one for the "Canada Post" plugin provide with HikaShop (which use the old API).
"Canada Post (advanced)" do not replace the HikaShop Canada Post plugin (otherwise you would lost it when updating HikaShop) ; it creates a new one.

The "Canada Post (Advanced)" plugin is using the new Canada Post REST API ; the configuration of the plugin requires a "username" and a "password".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: jukeboxjunkey

6 years 2 months ago #287693

I see. I thought that the Canada Post Advanced plugin was the one displaying. Adding the new shipping method plugin after installation did the trick.

I did have an issue trying with the no shipping method found, however when I changed the packing mode to "per-item" it was resolved.

Thanks for your assistance.

6 years 2 months ago #287694

Hello,

Yes the "canada post adv" plugin have three modes for the "packaging".

The default mode "boxes" try to organize the products in boxes depending the restrictions of the services you selected.
For example, "library books" do not have same restrictions than "Regular Parcel" ; so it needs to organize the products differently depending the services and make the appropriate calls to the API.
For the test I made, it was working correctly but I didn't used all services and my products where not very big or heavy.
Depending the services you're using and your product configuration ; it could have some things to improve in the algorithm.

The second mode "per-item" simply create one "box" per product.
And the last mode "weight based" is only using the weight to organize the boxes.

If you want to investigate regarding the "boxes" mode ; please let us know and we will see to add more debugging trace into the plugin so it could collect enough information to let us analyse why that mode do not give you any result.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds