Shipping rule for mixed products & different warehouses

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #286299

-- url of the page with the problem -- : Www.tropaquatics.com

I have set up various shipping rules depending in the type of product purchased. For instance, warehouse 3 has FREE USPS FIRST CLASS with the option to choose PRIORITY USPS for additional flat rate of $7. Warehouse 4 has FREE PRIORITY USPS as the preferred option due to nature of the product. Warehouse 1 has UPS NEXT DAY flat rate of $29 for orders up to $150. Lastly warehouse 2 has UPS NEXT DAY FREE for orders over $150.

These rules apply to various products independent of others.

My question is this. When a customer orders multiple products with different shipping specifications or warehouses (as it’s been set up) then the customer gets a shipping method for each product that has different shipping methods / warehouses defined. Also, if the order is more than $150 but that amount is accumulation across multiple shipping methods/warehouses, then the checkout does NOT recognize the order is over $150 since it’s not over $150 in the one shipping method/warehouse and it still charges the flat rate shipping. My products are very different but a mix can be ordered.

So I would like to see only the most restrictive shipping method offered when multiple products are bundled. So, if they order product A, then it will ship USPS 1st class. If they order product A & B and product B only ships via USPS Priority, then the USPS PRIORITY should be shipping method. If they add product C to the order, and product C can only ship via UPS NEXT DAY flat rate, then that should be the option.

Also new the shipping rules for free shipping on orders over $150 to be free even if products are from multiple shipping methods /warehouses. Is there a way to bundle catagories? I have too many products to try to bundle all of the possible options.
Thanks in advance for your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #286372

Hello,

There's actually no way to "Bundle" categories, and the "shipping configuration" that you want is really specific so the best solution in you case will probably be to :
- Duplicate the manual shipping plugin
- Change the code so that it will apply the good price to your shipping method according to products in your cart

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds