Shipping Prices are WRONG !

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 2 months ago #286695

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.p3proswing.com/site3
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

There is something wrong with the way shipping costs are being generated within HikaShop (or passed by UPS). UPS never charges more for multiple packages in a single shipment than the individual packages combined but that is what is happening in HikaShop.

Here is an example from our site. If you put a Pro Economy in the shopping cart and view the price (in my test it was $29.17). Now remove it from the cart and put in a Stance Mat Extension and view the price (In my test it was $35.12). Next, put both items in the cart at the same time and view the price (in my example it was $96.90, yet the individual packages would have only totalled $64.29).

As you can see, this cannot be. This is causing HUGE discrepancies in our larger packages so I need an immediate fix. We are releasing a new product (2 boxes - UPS Published is $42.16, HikaShop is $121.23) and package (4 boxes - UPS Published is $69.52 and HikaShop is $264.23). I'm sure this is effecting our other packages as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #286698

Just as a bit more information....

I have all the 'package items' set with a warehouse of 'Single Package'. However, I get a message stating "No shipping method found for the warehouse : 1" when getting to checkout. If I remove the 'Single Package' warehouse, it will list the shipping method multiple times and not allow the user to change the shipping method.

I've adding a "Single Package" to UPS in the Plugin:ups, but it does not seem to have any effect.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #286710

Hello,

Some details about the product configuration (to get its dimension and weight) and also your UPS configuration would be require in order to understand your issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 2 months ago #286832

I have sent you a private message with the login information to access the back end of our website.

6 years 2 months ago #286909

Well I'm awaiting a solution to this problem, I tried to setup the package so it has a flat rate shipping fee but that did not seem to work. Here are the steps that I executed:

1. Enable the HikaShop manual shipping plugin
2. Within the plugin, I clicked on HikaShop Options
3. I selected the UPS option
4. I changed 'Use price per product' from No to Yes
5. Save & close
6. This then provided a 'Shipping Prices' section on the product pages.
7. I added a new Shipping Fee with Min Qty 1, Price 100.00000 fee 100.00000
8. When I add this item to the shopping cart and go to the shipping section it has had no effect.

Any advise to fix this while I await an answer on the Shipping Prices being wrong would be appreciated. I fear we are losing customers due to the extravagant shipping prices that HikaShop is providing on our 'packages'

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #286911

Hello,

1. Could you send us screenshots of how you configured your shipping methods and products dimensions/weight/shipping price tab so that we can eventually reproduce it on our end ? Thank you.

2. Can you also tell us how you exactly want shipping methods to work on your website ?

The UPS shipping method will only :
- Send order information to the UPS platform
- Receive rates from the UPS platform
- Display them.

So the only thing to check will be how you have configured your products dimensions/weight, but also your UPS configuration page that we'll need to properly advise you.

6 years 2 months ago #286927

I've added screenshots of the Shipping Method setup and also a Product (actually a package. You'll note we're using the options to get the multiple boxes into the shipment.

Ideally, a product would allow for multiple boxes (dimensions and weights) so when a business is selling something that comes in multiple boxes it would properly calculate out the shipping. Of course, we'd love to have the shipping fee match what UPS WorldShip shows but it needs to be somewhat close.

6 years 2 months ago #286989

Hello,

Note that if you set though the "Shipping prices" tab the "Price" option to 100, you'll have a price added to your shipping method of 100 * product_quantity. If your set the "Fee" option to 100, you'll have a price added to your shipping method of 100.

Can you give us more information about what you exactly want to do ?

Regarding the UPS shipping method, you'll have to set dimensions and weight to your product configuration page.

6 years 2 months ago #287111

So there isn't a way to make it a flat $100 * Product Quantity? So that definitely will not work. So we're back to getting the shipping to calculate properly.

6 years 2 months ago #287116

Hello,

So there isn't a way to make it a flat $100 * Product Quantity?

As I said through my last message : Note that if you set though the "Shipping prices" tab the "Price" option to 100, you'll have a price added to your shipping method of 100 * product_quantity.

So you'll have to just us the "Price" option and not the "Fee" too as you did through the product configuration page that you showed me.

6 years 2 months ago #287181

So I removed the price option and it is still showing a shipping fee of $264.77 and not $100.

6 years 2 months ago #287187

Hello,

In that case, Can you :
- Give us step by step instructions of how to reproduce your issue through your website (product added, address used, ..)

- Send us a temporary access to your back-end trough our contact for so that we can directly test it
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please, send us a link through that tread through your message.

Thank you.

6 years 2 months ago #287309

Instructions to replicate (again):

1. Add a Pro Economy Package to the cart. Check Shipping to 8 Airport Road, Bethel, ME address. Shipping was $29.21 (note: $14.41 in UPS WorldShip).

2. Remove Pro Economy Package from cart.
3. Add Stance Mat to the cart. Check shipping. Shipping was $35.20 ($25.79 in UPS WorldShip)
4. Remove Stance mat from the cart.
5. Add ProX Plus to cart (NOTE: This is basically a Pro Economy with a Stance Mat. 2 identical size & weight boxes). Check Shipping. Shipping was $101.60 ($40.20 in UPS WorldShip).

You'll note that the ProX Plus in WorldShip is the same as the 2 individual items shipped seperately ($14.41+25.79=$40.20). Usually with UPS it will be the same or less than the individual package - but NEVER more. HikaShop has it as MUCH more ($29.21+$35.20=$64.41 but HikaShop is charging $101.60).

So not only are the prices more in HikaShop than UPS WorldShip, but they are TREMENDOUSLY more when packaging multiple boxes).

6 years 2 months ago #287310

Email send through your link with credentials.

6 years 2 months ago #287317

Hi,

I asked you a back-end access and step by step instructions because I wanted to reproduce that issue:

So I removed the price option and it is still showing a shipping fee of $264.77 and not $100.

Also, as I said through my previous message the UPS shipping method will only :
- Send order information to the UPS platform
- Receive rates from the UPS platform
- Display them.

So we don't have any control on rates returned from the UPS platform but we'll do some research on our end !

6 years 2 months ago #287379

I provided you the step-by-step and the back-end access as you requested.

I realize what you're attempting to do with UPS, but maybe there is an issue with the way your options are working that improper information is being passed or something because the pricing is simply not close. Our prior shopping cart handled multiple packages and returned pricing that was way more realistic.

Obviously you should have the tools to troubleshoot where the issue is better than the user can. You can see the details of what is being sent.

I fear we are losing sales opportunities because the shipping prices are scaring away customers.

6 years 2 months ago #287389

So, I think part of the question for you to look at is why the individual items in the cart return a different shipping cost then when the same size packages are in a single product as options.

Again:
Shipment # 1: Pro Economy & Stance Mat put in the cart.
Shipment # 2: ProX Plus in the cart (which is the same 2 size packages as shipment #1)

Why do these result in different shipping prices when the 2 packages are identical dimensions.

6 years 2 months ago #287393

Hello,

I think part of the question for you to look at is why the individual items in the cart return a different shipping cost then when the same size packages are in a single product as options.

That's a good question, can you give us the link to the page where you're manually getting UPS rates ? I just tested it via :
wwwapps.ups.com/timeandcost

And it gave me the same cost as when I used a single product on my order.

6 years 2 months ago #287460

I'm using the UPS WorldShip software provided by UPS. It is not a link, but installed on all PCs in our sales & shipping areas.

Did you follow the steps that I sent? Did you put the ProX Plus into that link to test? When I put the ProX Plus (which is 2 boxes) into the link, I get $33.03 for the 2 packages when I do so (as logged into our UPS Account). Package 1 was 12# and 15x11x8. Package 2 was 29# and 48x24x8. HikaShop returns shipping as $84.50 as the shipping.

That is what I've been trying to explain - Shipping prices are wrong when there is more than 1 box in a product.

Using any random product is not going to replicate the issue. It needs to be a product that ships in more than 1 box to see the issue.

6 years 2 months ago #287468

Hello,

That is what I've been trying to explain - Shipping prices are wrong when there is more than 1 box in a product.

But the problem is that we don't have any way to know how UPS will associate every products into packages, that's why we can only :
- Send them products one by one
or
- Group them into packages as much as we can and send these packages weight and dimensions but we can't freely group products into packages as we want, that's why we won't be able to exactly have the same rates

If you are having the same rates if you only send one product then that means that the returned rate is correct.

Did you follow the steps that I sent? Did you put the ProX Plus into that link to test? When I put the ProX Plus (which is 2 boxes) into the link, I get $33.03 for the 2 packages when I do so (as logged into our UPS Account). Package 1 was 12# and 15x11x8. Package 2 was 29# and 48x24x8. HikaShop returns shipping as $84.50 as the shipping.

I wasn't able to find these products through your back-end product listing so the best solution will be to directly give us :
- Weight / dimensions of your products
- The shipping address used through the checkout workflow.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds