Wait for quotation shipping method

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 4 days ago #288328

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.5

We have some shipping destinations where we need to get a quote from our courier before we know what shipping will cost. In these instances we would like to offer the option for the customer to manually add an amount for shipping once we have given them a cost.

There are earlier forum posts on this topic and one thread mentions a "Wait for quotation" shipping method, however this was about four years ago. I can't find a "wait for quotation" shipping method, does it still exist, if so where do I find it?

Many thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8870
3 months 3 days ago #288343

Hi,

You don't need a specific shipping plugin for that.
You can just use manual shipping plugin methods restricted to the zones you want for the "wait for quotation".
You'll want to have a "collect on delivery" payment method associated with these shipping methods (and the normal payment methods associated with the normal shipping methods you have) so that when these "wait for quotation" shipping methods are selected the payment is not asked at the end of the checkout.
That way, once you add the shipping cost to the order, you can send an email notification to the customer and ask them to pay the order.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 3 days ago #288370

Ok, I think I understand that, it means the customer has to place the order without knowing what the shipping costs are going to be - that might meet some resistance but we'll give it a try.

Thank you.

Ian

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds