Wait for quotation shipping method

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 2 months ago #288328

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.5

We have some shipping destinations where we need to get a quote from our courier before we know what shipping will cost. In these instances we would like to offer the option for the customer to manually add an amount for shipping once we have given them a cost.

There are earlier forum posts on this topic and one thread mentions a "Wait for quotation" shipping method, however this was about four years ago. I can't find a "wait for quotation" shipping method, does it still exist, if so where do I find it?

Many thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #288343

Hi,

You don't need a specific shipping plugin for that.
You can just use manual shipping plugin methods restricted to the zones you want for the "wait for quotation".
You'll want to have a "collect on delivery" payment method associated with these shipping methods (and the normal payment methods associated with the normal shipping methods you have) so that when these "wait for quotation" shipping methods are selected the payment is not asked at the end of the checkout.
That way, once you add the shipping cost to the order, you can send an email notification to the customer and ask them to pay the order.

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 2 months ago #288370

Ok, I think I understand that, it means the customer has to place the order without knowing what the shipping costs are going to be - that might meet some resistance but we'll give it a try.

Thank you.

Ian

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 2 months ago #315283

Nicolas,

Can can you avoid that the system is showing a shipping cost.
I would like to have something like 'Shipping cost will be defined' instead of a value or a 'free delivery' message.

4 years 2 months ago #315290

Hi,

If you don't want a shipping cost at all, make sure that your products don't have a weight and that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting of the HikaShop configuration is turned off. That will remove the shipping method selection and shipping address interfaces from the checkout and you won't see a shipping cost.

4 years 2 months ago #315335

My usecase is slightly different.
I would like to control the show/dont show shipping cost depending on the zone.
Example for customers for France there is a clear defined shipping cost.
On the other hand for shipments to Korea for the same products we want to be able to get a quotation for the shipment, and provide that to our customer. (We will do that as you proposed by using the ‘collect at delivery’ payment method for that country/zone.)

4 years 2 months ago #315341

Hi,

In that case, you indeed want to keep the shipping methods and have a "free shipping" method for Korea based on the "zone" restriction.
So you can just change the text "free shipping" to "Shipping cost will be defined" or something else with a translation override of that text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

4 years 2 months ago #315366

Sorry to come back on this.
Forgot to mention that i have zones for which we want to caclulate the shipping cost (kroatia) and other zones (belgium) the shipping is free.

Building further on your proposal i will change the “free shipping” into “”, so it does not appear.
For the zones which are realy free i will Change the shipping name to for example: Belgium- free shipping.
For Korea it might look like Korea-Shipping cost will be defined on pro forma.

4 years 2 months ago #315371

Hi,

That's not a problem. Just create more shipping methods. Then, use the "zone" restriction so that shipping methods with a price are restricted to a zone where you charge for shipping, etc.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds