USPS errors out with international shipping addresses within US based website

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #289986

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : USPS error: 80040B19 XML Syntax Error: Please check the XML request to see if it can be parsed.(B)

We are suddenly noticing that the USPS plugin in HikaShop is no longer able to fetch shipping quotes for international addresses. We are based in the US, so the errors occur for all addresses outside of the US.

The error is:

USPS error: 80040B19 XML Syntax Error: Please check the XML request to see if it can be parsed.(B)

It is immediately followed by the error "no_shipping_quotes" as for international shipping we only use USPS international for shipping thus there are no other shipping options available.

I have replicated this issue for addresses in the UK, Germany, Canada, and Mexico. I can only assume that all other international addresses are affected too.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any thoughts how to fix it?

Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by vanboke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 week ago #290041

Hello,

Firstly, can you show us some screenshots of how you configured your USPS shipping method ?

Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 6 days ago #290085

We have multiple USPS shipping methods since we have different handling fees for different order totals. The only difference between them is the restrictions on order totals. Here are some screenshots of the settings though.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Attachments:

6 years 6 days ago #290112

Hello,

In that case, can you also test it with every international USPS services ? So that we can be sure that it's not coming from one un-available service.

If it's still not working, can you give us step by step instructions about how to reproduce it on your website but also set the "Debug" option of your shipping method to YES ?

Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 6 days ago #290123

I have tried all of the options for International Shipping in the USPS plugin and I get the same results. I have the debug setting set to yes within the shipping methods for USPS and have had that turned on all along.

To replicate this, go to our website (I provided the URL in my original post), add some books to your cart, and then check out. Enter in an international shipping address while doing so. I don't think it matters where the address is as I have tried many legitimate international addresses in my tests and I get the same result with all of them.

When you get past entering your address, you will immediately see the error, and no shipping methods available.

This setup has been working fine. I don't have a clue why this suddenly isn't working.

6 years 5 days ago #290138

Hello,

I just tested it with a shipping address from France and UK and it worked fine in both cases with the "USPS - Tier 1 : Priority Mail International (International)" shipping service.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 days ago #290179

How many items did you have in the cart?

I just replicated what you found, with only one item in the cart. As soon as I put a second item in the cart, I get the error at checkout.

Can you try multiple items in the cart and check out. I am curious if you can replicate the error then.

6 years 2 days ago #290252

Hello,

Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

If you're still having that issue, can you give us a temporary access to your back-end so that we can directly test it using our contact form ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please, don't forget to add a link to that thread on your message. Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 day ago #290286

The issue is fixed in the latest release.

Thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

6 years 1 day ago #290303

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback !

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds