Using Fedex test URL

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 3 weeks ago #290391

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.5

I am hoping to use the Fedex shipping plugin and have setup a test account with Fedex in the US, however there is no way in the plugin settings to point it at the test URL which I have been given as wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Ian

Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by iedwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 weeks ago #290413

Hello Ian,

Using a test account will be the same as using a real FedEx account, because the FedEx shipping plugin will only :
- Send details about your order details (Products weight/dimensions, shipping address, ...)
- Retrieve and display rates returned by the FedEx shipping platform

So you should probably just use your FedEx credentials. But if you really want to use it in sandbox mode, you'll probably have to directly edit the code of the FedEx shipping plugin, to change the URL used for the request.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
2 years 2 months ago #339345

This doesn't resolve our issue, we need to be able to test so it will create labels. IT already does rates, If we can change the url for the test api we all get approved for auto labels.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 2 months ago #339357

Hi,

HikaShop's FedEx plugin uses the WSDL file provided by FedEx to connect to the web services.
So the URL of the web services is written in hard in the WSDL file provided by FedEx.
You can try editing the file plugins/hikashopshipping/fedex/fedex_rate.wsdl via FTP (with notepad) and change the URL gateway.fedex.com/web-services/ near the end of the file to your URL.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds