Shipping Options Button Text

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #292322

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7

My client does not manufacture their own products and therefore he will not be personally shipping any products himself; however, he needs to provide a shipping price to buyers. He is using the UPS shipping plugin to provide those prices, but the shipper may or may not be using UPS. That's all fine. The question I have is whether there is a way to override the shipping option labels that are returned to the site from UPS? For instance, a product's shipping option may be "UPS Ground" or "UPS LTL". I want the labels for those shipping options to be "Ground" or "LTL" respectively and not designate the carrier. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to accomplish that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 11 months ago #292352

Hi,

You can change these with translation overrides like this:
UPS_GROUND="Ground"
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #292397

Thanks for the reply, nicolas. I followed the steps in the link you provided. I didn't find that line in the language file so I added it, but it didn't change the text in the button in checkout. I tried the same going through the Joomla! language override interface and that didn't work either. What am I missing?

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #292403

Never mind. I cleared cache before, but apparently that wasn't enough. The override is working now.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds