New assistance creating shipping methods

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296939

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 61.0.2

I need to create the following scenarios for shipping. Can someone walk me through?
USA $1 for first one and $0.50 for each additional
Canada and Mexico $2 for first one and $0.75 for each additional
Overseas $4 for first one and $1 for each additional
This is for one type/category of product.. I'm not sure how to work out the reduced shipping price after the first one.
I also have to do similar pricing structure for a different category of product.
All other categories, there is not shipping fee.
Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #296943

Hello,

The solution will be to create one shipping method per zone via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods", and use the :
- "Zone" option through your shipping method configuration page to restrict them to the good zone
==> You'll be able to use USA and Mexico zones, but for overseas you'll have to create a custom shipping zone with every zone you want to take into account via "Hikashop->System->Zones"
- "Price" option and set it to $0.5 for USA, $1.25 for Mexico, $3 for overseas
- "Price per product" option and set it to $0.5 for USA, $0.75 for Mexico, $1 for overseas

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296997

Thank you for your response. This is all very confusing for me as it is my first time adding different shipping fees for different zones.
My first question is how do I set up a zone for Overseas? Do I need to do it for every single country outside of the US Mexico and Canada?
Also, I tried setting up the US and Mexico as you described. When I tested it for Mexico, it picked up the 1.25 fee but not the .75 for one, and when I increased the quantity to two, it had the same 1.25. Have I missed a setting?
Lastly, when I changed the shipping address to US, I expected it to change to the US shipping fee but it did not.
Apparently I am missing some settings. Can you help?

5 years 8 months ago #296998

Hello,

This is all very confusing for me as it is my first time adding different shipping fees for different zones.
My first question is how do I set up a zone for Overseas? Do I need to do it for every single country outside of the US Mexico and Canada?

You'll just have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Zones"
- Create a new zone with a "Type" set to "Shipping zones"
- Add every other zones you want to ship your products in through the "Sub-zones" option

I tried setting up the US and Mexico as you described. When I tested it for Mexico, it picked up the 1.25 fee but not the .75 for one, and when I increased the quantity to two, it had the same 1.25. Have I missed a setting?
Lastly, when I changed the shipping address to US, I expected it to change to the US shipping fee but it did not.
Apparently I am missing some settings. Can you help?

Sure, can you show us some screenshots of how you configured your shipping methods ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297033

I am attaching screenshots of the 3 shipping methods-USA,Mexico and Overseas (Canada is the same as Mexico)
I also attached the Shipping Zone I created for Overseas, including all zones except USA,Mexico and Canada.
Also is the configuration setting for shipping.
Do I need to also set anything on the particular products/variants that they apply to?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297038

Sorry, I realized I forgot to attach the files

5 years 8 months ago #297062

Hello,

Screenshots weren't properly attached trough your lost message.

Do I need to also set anything on the particular products/variants that they apply to?

Well, if you don't need to restrict the use of your shipping methods to some products, then you'll won't have to change anything on your products appart from setting a weight/dimensions.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds