• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 5 months ago #300351

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Got my first request for this from a existing site owner using HikaShop.

Any word if this on its way to being support as pricing tier option?

It is typically associated with Pirate Shipping from USPS.

WooCommerece and Shopify appear to support it so I expect this will start to pick up steam since it is the cheapest pricing available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 5 months ago #300402

Hello,

That's a good idea, we'll eventually add it on our TODO list !

Thank your for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

1 year 5 months ago #346524

Has anything ever come from this? A client still asked about USPS Commercial Pricing and Pirate Shipping integration.

The cost is significantly different (~25%) and competitors that use it can offer cheaper rates.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 5 months ago #346527

Hi,

It seems Mohamed forgot about this.
I looked into it today. However, as far as I can see, to get "Commercial pricing", what you need is to request it to USPS for your account, provided that you have enough shipping with them. The details are explained on this pirateship page:
www.pirateship.com/usps/commercial-pricing
Regarding a pirateship integration, I couldn't find any information on how to integrate with it. From what I understand, either you need to use their manual CSV import tool, or have them develop the integration for your ecommerce solution.

1 year 5 months ago #346553

Yes sadly I saw that too. I sent PirateShip support an email to see if there is any options beyond CVS.

However, PirateShip isn't the only one offering this type of service. It is similar to stamps.com, shiprush, goshippo.com, easyship.com, and multiorders.com.

They all leverage a USPS Commercial pricing contract to let you have access to the discount pricing as long as you use their service to order shipping/lable for USPS (and UPS/others too). Some pass along more savings than others but the business model is the same.

It allows small businesses to get access to lower rates without having/meeting the USPS commercial prizing quotas (which are not exactly small).

I saw the CVS sheets PirateShip with the rates too. I imagine it is possible to set up a set of zones to match it using the Geo Location plugin (zones are based on how far from the base zip code) but that seems like a lot of work to set up/maintain.

This client is more concerned about passing along the discounts to their customer than lables/orders so that their shipping rates don't drive away sales.

As an alternative, I told my client they could also apply a negative % discount to via the HikaShop's USPS plugin. The problem is the discount rates vary from 25% to 50% depending on zone & weight.

I'm not sure PirateShip is the best of these services; but those that have been in business longer like stamps.com do have an API developer.stamps.com/ , but it is more than just commercial pricing. I've had one other client express interest in such labeling/discount rates/tracking services, but maybe others have here too. Not sure which one is the best one, but I believe stamps.com is the oldest and most established one so they may be a better choice to work with.

1 year 5 months ago #346555

Hi,

Indeed, I don't see a way to properly take into account the discount if it varies based on the location.
The best would of course be that the integration with pirateship provides the reduced rates.

Note that among the ones you mention, ShipRush has an integration with HikaShop from what I can see:
shiprush.com/integration/hikashop/
So if you didn't know it, it might be worth looking into as it looks like an interesting alternative to what you want to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang

1 year 5 months ago #346568

Do you know if the existing ShipStation plugin includes rates?
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/160...station-updated.html

I know that ShipStation offers discounts for USPS, www.shipstation.com/discounted-rates/ .

It doesn't look like it in the documentation but wanted to make sure.

1 year 5 months ago #346570

Hi,

It does not. It only sends the data of the orders to ShipStation and provide the tracking information.
But I see the ShipStation documentation has some information to get the available rates here:
www.shipstation.com/docs/api/shipments/get-rates/
So that could be something added to the plugin potentially.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds