Custom fields, editing order status email, tracking number

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 4 months ago #300920

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for days and I just don't get it. I have read the documentation and tried to create custom fields but I just can't figure out how to do this.

I want to add the following text to the 'order status shipped' email:

To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:

I would then manually enter the order's tracking number on each email before I sent it. But I can't figure out if this is a custom field. And if it is, which category does it belong in and how do I put it on only the shipping email. Or if this is an email template change. And if it is, how/where to change it. Or if I make this change in the {ORDER_BEGIN_MESSAGE} and if so, where do I make that change and have it only on the shipping email...

I am trying to use Hikashop with a drop shipping/print-on-demand company. They will supply the tracking number. I just have to figure out how to send it to my customers. Something tells me it shouldn't be this difficult -- I must be missing something basic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 4 months ago #300950

Hello,

I will guide you step by step in order to allow to check that you don't forget a detail :
1°) Custom field settings, take a good care of red bordered setting on my screenshot
In Main HikaSHop Configuration => Display dropdown select Custom field, then create the New Custom field

2°) See the result in your order listing => Order Number to edit your order :

3°) Result in the Email, from HikaShop Main Configuration, go in System dropdown select Emails, and edit the Order status notification, click on Preview button, and select a order (bu his number) processed AFTER you have made previous settings, see my screenshot :

Hope this will help you to get what is lacking.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Philip.

5 years 4 months ago #300968

That's fantastic! Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Do you know how I would add the following to the Additional Information area?

To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:
(tracking number here)

Would I add this wording to the email template or is it another custom field?

Thanks again!

5 years 4 months ago #300988

Hello! I think I figured it out. I made an override in the language file and it seems to work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Joanne

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds