Shipping based on order amount?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #1449

Sorry to keep opening new topics today, but I keep coming up with more and more questions! :)

I'm using the Standard Shipping module. I've set a min price of £1 and a max £150. Delivery charge £4.95 subject to UK zone tax. How can I set it so that any order upto £149 (before VAT) is postage chargeable and anything over £150, postage will be added?

Just the way I thought it would work, doesn't for me.

Thanks....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 4 months ago #1451

delivery and postage charges need to be combined. You have to create two shipping methods. One with no minimum price and with a max price of 149.99 with a price including postage and delivery for such orders. And one with a minimum price of 150 and no maximum price and a price including postage and delivery for such orders.

13 years 4 months ago #1464

Excellent! Works fine. One little niggle is that when changing the Quantity of a £50 product, say from 2 to 3; the shipping method will be £4.95 for 2 and then free for 3. The page will only refresh to reflect the change in shipping method after the next button is pressed. Not a huge problem, but worth mentioning. Any way to make it refresh instantly with AJAX?

Just tested this again, if you try it going from 3 down to a qty. of 2 you'll see what I mean.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Jaddi01.

13 years 4 months ago #1470

Normally there is some javascript which refresh the page automatically once you change the quantity. This only happens after you clicked somewhere so that the field looses it's focus. You should not have to click on next.

13 years 4 months ago #1476

It does change the shipping method, but does not reflect this change in the delivery price in the total column until next is pressed (at least on my test base). Same goes for the line of text "You chose the shipping method...". This does not change instantly either.

13 years 4 months ago #1481

Yes, that's indeed the case. We'll see what we can do for that for next version.

13 years 4 months ago #1484

Thanks Nicolas!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds