special tax for some situation in Spain

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 12 hours ago #199836

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi,

I need some help for configuring some special tax for some customers (sometimes), not defined by address, state nor country. I have to explain the situation:
In Spain, some taxpayer are "committed" (compeled by tax law) to pay an extra tax called "recargo de equivalencia". This depends on the customer, not on the seller, so the customer have to ask to pay this at checkout, and ask for invoices including this tax. (*).

I thought doing a tax rule (System>Taxes) BUT doing this way I'm only able to restrict it by ACL, and it would force me to sort my clients accordingly; moreover, doing this way, I suppose the rate would appear on the lists of products next to VAT, when in truth the appropriate is to add it only upon arrival at checkout after I asked the customer.

In Hikashop when you create a tax rule you can restrict by "Customer Type": Individual/Company with VAT number/Company whitout VAT number. I imagine asking the customer the same way: if he need or not the "recargo de equivalencia" tax, and if the answer is yes, to apply it

(I tought to solve this using custom fields but frankly I have not known how to do for add some rate to the total due. :blush: )

Any ideas, help or clues are greatly appreciated.

(*)Note for developers: In Spain, the accounting systems include this posibility of charge extra taxes like this one (there are others also depending on the kind of products, e.g. "canon digital" tax for digital media). It would be great Hikashop having this feature. (or maybe it's there and I have not heard yet?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 11 months ago #199849

Hello,

In Spain, some taxpayer are "committed" (compeled by tax law) to pay an extra tax called "recargo de equivalencia". This depends on the customer, not on the seller, so the customer have to ask to pay this at checkout, and ask for invoices including this tax.

The solution will be to :
- Directly restrict your custom tax to a specific user group
- Regarding your customer user group, a solution can be to use that plugin : extensions.4u2.co.il/hikasop-user-group-ftw

The following user(s) said Thank You: alejandrojaramiranda

8 years 11 months ago #199946

Hi Mohamed,
doing this way <u>I suppose</u> the rate would appear on the lists of products next to VAT...but what I'm looking for is a way to add it upon arrival at checkout, after I asked the customer if he/she wants or do not.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 11 months ago #200016

Hi,

The only solution I see with the features by default in HikaShop is wtih the ACL or the customer type on tax rules.
Using one or the other you can have the taxes apply to the product prices or not.
You can potentially have these taxes apply only on the checkout by turning off the "show taxed prices" option of the HikaShop configuration, but that means that the prices on the products listing and product pages will be displayed without any tax.
Otherwise, the taxes will apply everywhere, once the user is logged in with his user account.

An alternative will be to develop a plugin and have it add taxes itself to the cart on the checkout. I've built such plugin before: www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/873285-fix-tax-import.html#190511
But that plugin is to add fixed amount taxes during the checkout. So I don't think that it will work out for you since I suppose that the tax that you want to add is percentage based. So it would require a modified version of the plugin.

8 years 11 months ago #200172

Thanks Nicolas,

regarding your mention of the customer type, now there are three types: Individual/Company with VAT number/Company whitout VAT number. I suppose that those types are determinate by the field "VAT number" at table address (when you ask the billing address), aren't?, I imagine asking the customer the same way using a custom field: if he need or not the "equivalence surcharge", and if the answer is yes, to change the type of customer and add this one to the total amount before to pay.

Is it possible? I was looking for doing some test at "Custom Fields", but I didn't find how to.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #200308

Hi,

If the field "vat number" is filled with a correct VAT number, the custom type become "company with vat number".

If you goal is to change the type according to another custom field ; you won't be able to do it without modify some HikaShop core files (which are not recommend, specially if you want to update HikaShop afterwards)
So at this moment the best is to use a custom tax plugin like Nicolas told you in the previous message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alejandrojaramiranda

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds