Automatic tax for one country

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #242277

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.mybodygraph.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 13.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.34

Hey, we are currently trying to automatically add tax for only customers in Canada, it works if the user select a billing address but we would love to first automatically select the country without the user needing to go through that process, in the end we are selling digital products and no address information is needed except the country for customers in Canada.

Is there a option for doing this automatically or do we need to to solve this by ourself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
7 years 9 months ago #242278

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want to be automatic ?
That the tax is applied automatically based on the country selected by the customer ? (that's possible by configuring tax rules)
That the country of the address is preselected automatically for the customer (based on his IP address ?) ? (that's possible with the geolocation plugin)
Something else ?

7 years 9 months ago #242396

I tried all kind of settings but I can't get it to work.

Would not that be enough to activate the functionality for automatically adding tax to a zone, without the user needing to select an adress if the GEO plugin is enabled?

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #242397

Oh, we want the user not to need to enter any adress information to get the tax applied! Especially because there is only one country in the world that need to pay tax for our service and most customers should not need to deal with selecting a country because of that.

If there is no functionality for automatically set the tax based on a country, we would like to apply this in the backend before the checkout page is loaded. I checked the php code and as far as I see it it is in the /administratior/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php the functionality is for that.

Also, I noticed that you need to have the form for the state for the tax to be enabled, it is not enough to only save the information about the country. We do not want to touch the hikashop core but are of course fine working with the template files.

If the functionality we desire is not available, can you guide us what php functionality we can use to set the country automatically for a user?

• Thank you received: 13036
7 years 9 months ago #242398

Hi,

No.
First, you need to make sure that the taxes are applied if the address of the current user is correct (in Sweden) and that it is not applied if the address is outside that zone.
That way, you already know that the taxes are setup properly.
Then, the geolocation plugin needs to be setup properly too.
The "set currency" and "customers geolocation" settings of the plugin needs to be activated and your API key of ipinfodb needs to be filled.
And finally, when you test, you need to test with a new user session.
So for example, you open your website with another browser, or with a web proxy of the country that you want to test.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds