VAT is not added for downloads

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 7 months ago #248642

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2

Hi folks,
I followed this tutorial here: www.hikashop.com/support/2-uncategorised...urope-vat-rules.html

As far as I can see, everything should be set up correctly, but my customer still gets orders for downloads with missing VAT. The tax column in the order table contains an empty object, as well as for the ordered product. The products are set to use the electronic goods tax category. Is there some way to debug which category it is using? I'm at a loss here what to do further.

Regards,
Hannes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 7 months ago #248646

Hi,

It's hard to say what is the problem without knowing how you configured your products and taxes.
Without knowing more, I can only tell you to check each point listed here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq
One of them must be the problem.
Otherwise, we would need a link to a product page with the issue, the screenshots of your tax rules and of the settings of the product of you product page link.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 7 months ago #248722

Hi Nicolas,
I've gone through the FAQ and can't find any fault. Unfortunately, the shop is NSFW, so I would either need your permission to post such NSFW screenshots here or we would have to talk privately. Maybe you can contact me via skype/mail?

Regards,
Hannes

7 years 7 months ago #248735

Hi,

When you create a new topic, there is a field to enter your URL privately. You should have done that as we recommend.
But anyways, you can provide that via our contact form along with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
7 years 7 months ago #249357

After some serious debugging, I found the issue: In the configuraiton somehow the value for "default_type" was set to nothing instead of "individual". Setting that to "individual" even made that option disappear completely... Maybe add that possibility to the checklist.

7 years 7 months ago #249366

Thank you for your feedback. This is not in the FAQ anymore as that parameter has been removed. You can only see it if you updated from an old version and that you had changed it (it is set to "individual" by default).

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds