Not all tax transactions being recorded by taxcloud

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271111

We have been using taxcloud to calculate and record the taxes on our transactions for about a month now and have run into an issue. It seems that not all the transactions are being captured.

For example:

Order #1743
Subtotal: $24.60
Sales Tax: $1.85
Coupon: 100% off
Total: $0
Order Status: payment confirmed
In taxcloud only the API lookup has been recorded. It has not been captured.

Order #1740
Subtotal: $16.80
Sales Tax: $0.92
Coupon: 100% off
Total: $0
Order status: payment confirmed
In taxcloud API status includes API lookup, API authorized and API captured (this is what we would expect)

Order #1738
Subtotal: $25.64
Sales Tax: $1.34
Coupon: none
In taxcloud this transaction does not show up at all.

There are several other orders that are in the payment confirmed status and have not been captured in taxcloud (only lookup). Due to this, we currently have no way of pulling out accurate tax reports from taxcloud.

How do we go about making sure these transactions are being properly recorded in taxcloud?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
6 years 10 months ago #271119

For what it is worth: API calls to Authorized, Captured, and Authorized with Capture should respond with a message detailing reasons for failure. Is there an API error log you can review?

Also: in two of the cases/orders cited, there was a coupon involved. Is this coupon being driven by HIkaShop standard bits, or a third-party module? This may be important: if the sales price of any items change after Lookup, a new Lookup must be performed to determine updated tax amounts due.

We will monitor this thread, and help in any way we can.

;)

TaxCloud is the internet's only free sales tax service.
Learn more at taxcloud.com
Support available via service.taxcloud.net or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by TaxCloud.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 10 months ago #271128

Hi,

I indeed feel like @TaxCloud.
In a previous thread you were saying that you used AWOCoupon for coupons and that you had issues with TaxCloud with these coupons but not with normal coupons of HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/890365-100-...pgrade-to-3-0-1.html
So do you have normal coupons for these orders or AWOCoupon coupons ?
If you use normal HikaShop coupons do you have the problem ?
If you deactivate AWO Coupon itsef, do you have the problem ?

Also, in your message you're talking about an order status called "payment confirmed" but there is no such order status by default in HikaShop. The default order status for paid orders is "confirmed". Do you have custom order statuses ? That might be linked to the issue since the TaxCloud plugin sends the AuthorizedWithCaptured call based on the status of the order and how they are configured in the System>Order statuses menu.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TaxCloud

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271175

The issue also is occurring when no coupon is being used (e.g. order #1738).

We renamed 'confirmed' to 'payment confirmed'.

Some of the transactions show up fine in Taxcloud perfectly. However, we can find no indicator of why some do and some do not. Some orders with coupons are showing up fine in taxcloud while others are not. Likewise, some orders with no coupons are not showing up at all or only appearing as a 'lookup'.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271202

To help us troubleshoot this, can you provide us the exact interactions that can trigger the taxcloud API calls from the HikaShop plugin?

1) lookup
2) authorized
3) captured

Thank you

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271203

For reference, here are the order status' we use:

created
confirmed - renamed to payment confirmed
cancelled
refunded
shipped
company paid - custom and used in rare situations
in process

Also, the most common payment method is collectondelivery which we renamed 'Payroll Deduction' for internal reasons. Our only other payment method is Paypal which is rarely used.

6 years 10 months ago #271181

Hi,

So do you mean that you change the "name" field of the order status ? Or the "namekey" in the database ?
Changing the name shouldn't be problematic, however changing the namekey could be problematic, specially with 3rd party extensions in the mix.

Also, the fact that there is no coupon at all in the order doesn't means that 3rd party coupon extensions are not triggered. They still are called by HikaShop and could potentially mess with the cart/order if you're in a special case they didn't anticipate.
That's why I was asking if you still had the problem if you turned off AWOCoupon completely.

I think the best course of action is first to try to reproduce the issue and make sure that you have procedure that you can follow which allows you to reproduce the issue each time you try it, ideally, without a coupon code in order to reduce the complexity.
Then, deactivate temporarily AWOCoupon (and especially its HikaShop integration plugin (of the group hikashop and/or system) and do the procedure again.
If you don't have the problem when you deactivate AWOCoupon, then it would mean that it is doing something which messes the TaxCloud process and they'll probably have to fix something in their integration plugin.
If, on the other hand, you still have the problem, then it's not linked to AWOCoupon and it either come from another plugin, or there is an issue with the specific way HikaShop is configured on your website. You can first try to deactivate other third party plugins which could be linked to the issue. If you can't find any where deactivating it solves the issue, please provide the procedure and backend + FTP account so that we can analyse the situation.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271394

Seems we may have a few problems. I'm going to focus first on orders that do not involve any coupons.

I just placed 2 orders with the payment method of collectondelivery. No coupons were involved.

We use AWOCoupon. The first order I left the component enabled. The second I disabled it.

Both orders resulted in taxcloud with only a lookup. I assume it should also be captured. Is this correct? We have not had a successful capture in taxcloud since June 2nd. Since then 9 live orders have been placed. The one order on the 2nd that successfully captured in taxcloud also used collectondelivery.

On the custom order status: We are using a language override so 'confirmed' shows up as 'payment confirmed'. Would this cause any issues?

6 years 10 months ago #271396

Hi,

It's normal that you get the Lookup and not the AuthorizedWithCaptured when you pay with the "collect on delivery" payment method because the AuthorizedWithCaptured will only happen after the order status is changed to confirmed, and that normally only happens after you delivered the goods. So right after the checkout, you should only have the Lookup with collect on delivery. That is unless you've configured the collect on delivery payment method to change the status of the order to a specific status and that this status has the invoice setting activated in the System>Order statuses menu.

You said that it worked for only one collect on delivery order and not the others with that payment method. Wouldn't that be because the others were not confirmed ?

A language override shouldn't be problematic.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271440

I have manually updated the order status of a few test transactions to 'confirmed' (or in our case 'payment confirmed'). I also changed it to 'shipped'.

I tried this with AWOCoupon enabled and disabled.

The transactions still only show up as a 'lookup' in taxcloud. Also, there is only the original lookup. No additional lookups appear when changing the status.

I used 'force refresh' in taxcloud for several minutes after the transactions went through.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by dustinjc.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271495

Any other ideas on how we can resolve this?

Can't seem to get orders to 'capture' in taxcloud no matter what we try.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271522

Thought it important to add that even Paypal orders are not showing up in taxcloud as authorized or captured.

6 years 10 months ago #271462

Hi,

It's normal that the lookup only appear once and not when changing the status. When changing the status, from created to confirmed, it's the AuthorizedWithCaptured which is done, not a lookup.
I've checked your settings and I don't see a reason why the AuthorizedWithCaptured wouldn't be done when the order status is changed from created to confirmed.
Did you create the 001751 order from the frontend ?
Did you try the change of status from the listing, or from the order details page ? Could you try both ?
Also, when you test, you can change the status to "created" before changing it to "confirmed" again and it should do the process again. Changing the status to "shipped" won't have any impact.

I can have a look deeper into the issue but since I don't have access to your TaxCloud account, I can't check the result.
Would it be possible to have an access for the tests, with, for example the order 001751 ?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271611

I can give you access to taxcloud but will need a last name and email address to associate with the account (required by taxcloud). Please PM me the info when you get a chance.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271690

Nicolas: Just set you up with a generic taxcloud login. Will send the user/pass via PM.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271699

Wondering if you have made any changes. We just had 7 orders pop up as captured from June 2nd in taxcloud. Any idea why these would capture all of a sudden?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #271750

Hello,

We did nothing in our side.
You should see that with taxcloud for the log.. Afterwards maybe you changed the order statuses and triggered something.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #271751

We are still having issues with transactions being captured in taxcloud. There are several that are 'payment confirmed' that are not coming through. Nicolas, access to our account has been provided as well as FTP. If you could take a look it would be greatly appreciated. The longer this goes the more work it requires for us to fix for tax reporting to the state. Thank you.

• Thank you received: 14
6 years 10 months ago #271776

For what it is worth - I believe I have found your TaxCloud account (Account No. 917145-xxxxxxxxx).

This account has had some API errors recently:

1. 6/13/2017 - 1 AuthoritzedWithCapture error -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  2. 6/12/2017 - 6 Lookup errors -- The Ship To zip code (12345) is not valid for this state (AL) :huh:
  3. 6/9/2017 - 8 AuthoritzedWithCapture errors -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  4. 6/8/2017 - 1 AuthoritzedWithCapture error -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  5. 6/7/2017 - 1 AuthoritzedWithCapture error -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  6. 6/1/2017 - 1 AuthoritzedWithCapture error -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  7. 5/31/2017 - 1 AuthoritzedWithCapture error -- CustomerID is missing :sick:
  8. 5/25/2017 - 6 AuthoritzedWithCapture errors -- CustomerID is missing :sick:

My guess:
  • Conclusion 1: the errors on the 12th were testing of some sort (it looks like an invalid zip code to me too).
  • Conclusion 2: Some sequence of steps is causing the CustomerID parameter to not be passed into TaxCloud - thus, AuthorizedWithCapture fails, and the transaction is not marked as Captured in TaxCloud (and will not be included in our reports and sales tax returns). However, this does not occur every time, because we also see the account with valid AuthorizedWithCapture calls throughout these dates.

Question: Does HikaShop log API errors somewhere? Unfortunately, TaxCloud does not display API Errors in our UI (yet).

I hope this helps!
;)

TaxCloud is the internet's only free sales tax service.
Learn more at taxcloud.com
Support available via service.taxcloud.net or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

6 years 10 months ago #271781

Hi,

Thanks. That's a great help !
Knowing these errors, I see what's going on and why it only happens in some cases.

Change the line:

if(in_array($order->order_status,$confirmed_statuses) && !in_array($order->old->order_status,$confirmed_statuses)){
				$this->AuthorizedWithCaptured($order);
				return;
			}
to:
if(in_array($order->order_status,$confirmed_statuses) && !in_array($order->old->order_status,$confirmed_statuses)){
				if(!isset($full_order)){
					$orderClass = hikashop_get('class.order');
					$full_order = $orderClass->loadFullOrder($order->order_id,false ,false);
				}
				$this->AuthorizedWithCaptured($full_order);
				return;
			}
in the file plugins/hikashop/taxcloud/taxcloud.php and that will fix the problem. We'll add the patch on our end.

PS:
HikaShop displays the error returned directly on the page. However, it's possible that the error is not seen, specially if the order is confirmed automatically by the payment gateway (in which case there is a debug setting in the payment method to log the errors to the payment log file).

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds