Increased load on the server

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 8 months ago #116040

Hi!

After upgrading to HikaShop 2.2.0 dramatically increased the load on the server.
The error log is attached.
What to do

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
10 years 8 months ago #116053

Hi,

That log doesn't give any information on why the load would increase unfortunately.

We didn't notice any change on our end. In fact it's even the opposite as we greatly improved the load on the checkout when displaying payment/shipping methods.
Did you see a slowdown of each page display ? Is it only on some pages ?
Which version of Joomla do you have ? PHP ? What was your previous version of HikaShop ?
Also, it could simply be a surge in traffic caused by spam bots, crawlers etc and actually not related to the update. Did you check your access logs for that ?

One other thing you could do would be to update a copy of your website and update it to a beta of Joomla 3.2 which adds a lot of profiling data to pages when the debug mode of the joomla configuration is turned on. That will allow you to see exactly what is taking time for the processing the page.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 8 months ago #116153

Hello

Thanks for the detailed explanations. After upgrading to HikaShop 2.2.0, I have made changes to a file on your recommendation vote.php when discussing the topic "non-existent vote." After restoring the original file vote.php, the load on the server came back to normal, but again there were problems with the vote. I propose to address the issue in the theme "non-existent vote."

Thank you.

• Thank you received: 13063
10 years 8 months ago #116174

Hi,

I don't see how it would be related to that change.

This might indicate simply that crawlers and spam bots are requesting a lot of your pages. So it would confirm what I was talking about that you get a lot of traffic.
I would recommend to check your access logs, see if you have crawlers/spam bots requesting too frequently your pages and restrict them with the robots.txt file and/or fail2ban on your web server.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #133828

ATTENTION pour moi aussi quand je met l'option vote j'ai une surcharge sur mon hébergeur et mon site plante 10mn aprés. J'ai désactivé les votes tous fonctionne très bien

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds