Admin NOT getting comment/vote email

• Thank you received: 10
6 years 2 weeks ago #290913

I set it so that comments and vote don't automatically display because I want to review them.

However, I'm not getting emails that somebody left a comment.

I tested it out myself and no admin email.

Can you help me figure out why that is?

Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 weeks ago #290937

Hello Pam,

If you already made sure that every emails was correctly published via "Hikashop->System->Emails", note that Hikashop uses the standard joomla email sending functions. If you have a problem only on ONE email, it means that the problem is the content of the email.
What you should try also is to send an email via the interface in sales when changing an order information. Does that work ? If yes, then, the problem is really the content of the order status notification.
It could also be that your hosting company doesn't allow you to send more than one email per thread and at the end of the checkout, so you might want to check on that with your hosting company.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290990

Thank you so much.

The problem is not getting emails when there is an order...it's when someone goes back and votes and comments on a product.

I don't get that email sent to me to know that somebody has done that, because I have it NOT to automatically post, I want to read it first.

Pam

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 2 weeks ago #290991

Hi,

Did you enter your email address in the setting "Send email for new comments" of the HikaShop configuration ?
Otherwise, the email won't be sent.
And if you did, did you check that the "new comment" email it published like Mohamed asked ?
Finally, HikaShop stores each email it sends and you can look at them in the menu Customers>Emails history.
So please check there if you see the new comment emails or not.
If you do but you don't receive them, there is a problem with your email server or the emails are seen as spam and rejected.

6 years 2 weeks ago #291004

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Did you enter your email address in the setting "Send email for new comments" of the HikaShop configuration ? Yes
Otherwise, the email won't be sent.
And if you did, did you check that the "new comment" email it published like Mohamed asked ? I'm not sure I understand this. Where would this be to turn on or off? I don't want it automatically published, though.
Finally, HikaShop stores each email it sends and you can look at them in the menu Customers>Emails history. Yes, thank you, yet I don't want to have to keep going to the backend to see IF anybody commented..which is why getting the email is important.
So please check there if you see the new comment emails or not.
If you do but you don't receive them, there is a problem with your email server or the emails are seen as spam and rejected.

I do get other emails from the store for orders received, etc....so not sure why this particular email would be spam?
Thanks so much for your comments,.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 2 weeks ago #291078

Hi,

My point is not that you need to go to the Customer>Email history to always check up on those emails. No.
My point is to know whether the emails are there or not at all.
If they are there, then HikaShop IS sending the new comment emails to your email address.
And so, in that case, the issue is that the emails are being discarded by either your hosting or the receiver email server.
So you want to:
- contact your hosting with a screenshot of the details of one of the emails from the Customer>Email history that you didn't receive and ask them to check on their email server log as to why it wasn't delivered to the receiver.
- use a service like www.mail-tester.com to check if there is some spam problems with these emails and if some make the necessary corrections so that the emails are not considered as spam anymore.

6 years 2 weeks ago #291118

Ah ha! Now I get what you're saying. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds