Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL)

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50240

Support Team,

Joomla 2.5 added support for Microsoft SQL Server. But, HikaShop creates errors when installing on the following platform: Windows Server 2008 R2, Joomla 2.5.4, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SQLExpress).

Has HikaShop been tested/proven on MSSQL? Or was this not part fo your Joomla 2.5 compliance testing?

From the best of my knowledge, the database installation/uninstallation scripts are currently written for MySQL. An alternative set of scripts need to be written for MSSQL. Your install/uninstall processes should either detect the database type currenty in use (there's a Joomla PHP Configuration item for the database type) or allow the user to select which type to use during installation. Fixing these scripts and tweaking the installation process to check the database type should not require more than 1-3 business days of coding.

Please let me know the status of HikaShop's support for MSSQL.

Clinton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
11 years 11 months ago #50258

HikaShop only supports MySQL (no postGreSQL or Oracle or MSSQL support) for now.

You'll find that 99% of the Joomla extensions requiring access to the database are still only compatible with MySQL. And so far only one person had expressed an interest in such compatibility.

Some things are not easy to handle with MS SQL. Sure, most of the work can be done quite easily but since HikaShop queries are optimized for MySQL, some of the queries cannot just be ported easily to MS SQL and need a deeper modification. Since there is not a lot of demand compared to other features like wishlists or multi vendor, we are not planning to work on that in the short term.
However, if you work on the changes, we would be happy to integrate that back in HikaShop so that other users can use MS SQL.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50293

Nicolas,
I'm interested in helping with the conversion. Please contact me privately by e-mail.
-C

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds