Variants

• Thank you received: 21
8 years 9 months ago #208431

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3

After the initial shock of changes to Characteristics and variants in the latest version I have decided that I do like most of the changes. There are a couple of improvements that I would like to see however.

I have a number of clients' sites selling mens and womens clothes. It is not unusual for a single product to have 4 colours and up to 20 sizes. When choosing the variants an "ALL" button would be greatly appreciated instead of having to manually select each one (and invariably miss one or two)

An import function for characteristics would also save a lot of time at initial setup, particularly for clothing which can have multiple size characteristics (in Australia we get products with European sizes, American sizes and some manufacturers come up with there own system). Manually adding each variant to a new characteristic can be quite slow. Alternatively being able to add multiple variants as an array (8,10,12) instead of having to add then save each one would be a big step forward.

Thanks for the great work you are doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 9 months ago #208500

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. Yes, that's something we're currently talking about on our end as we also see that drawback with the way it is now.

2. That didn't change from the previous version of HikaShop. Before that, you also had to add the values of new characteristics one by one. But if you need to import characteristics, you can do it directly in phpmyadmin in the hikashop_characteristic table.
You can export a CSV from it to see the format that you need to use and then add the entries you need and import the modified CSV back to that table in your phpmyadmin and voilà.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds