unable to share or creating new wishlists (front-end)

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #289676

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mavendesignstudio-demo.com/antique-swan/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7

When a user is logged in, their wishlist has the option to share and to create new lists. Both of these options are not working as expected.

If the user tries to share the wishlist, the wishlist is subsequently emptied. Please watch this 1 minute screen recording: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFe2rRD03h

If the user tries to create a new wishlist, it returns a message saying items need to be selected first but there is no way to selected anything. Even if there were, it seems like the user ought to be able to create a wishlist name without having items in it. See this screen record (15 seconds): screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFe23VD032

Is there a way to add items to different wishlists? If so, what is the create new wishlist menu item supposed to do?

I've read through this doc: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...t-listing.html#share
but wasn't able to find anything that had to do with the front end user.

Could you point me in the right direction or provide some guidance on how this is supposed to work?

Thank you,

Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 month ago #289683

Hello,

Please update to HikaShop 3.3.0 which contains improvements regarding the wishlist (like a feature to share it via email).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #289880

Hi,

The site is now on 3.3.0.

The issues remain the same. Here's another screen recording, although it will show the same problematic behavior, but it does show that it is running version 3.3.0

screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFeqezDtSP

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #289913

Hi,

From what I can see, you're seeing a really old and buggy interface of the wishlist system, not the one from HikaShop 3.3.0
So I suppose that the issue actually comes from your template which has some customization of that area from an old version of HikaShop.

Rename the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/cart/ via FTP in order to deactivate the view overrides of your template on the cart/wishlist and you should be able to get the new interface which will work a lot better.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds