- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Import and Export XML data
14 years 2 months ago #56842
by shifty_
Import and Export XML data was created by shifty_
Hi There
I was wondering if it is possible (even with some modifcations or development) to use specific XML files for importing and exporting data in and out of Hikashop.
My client has a sophisticated POS system that takes care of inventory, sales and memberships throughout their organisation. So I am looking in to the possibility of importing their current product catalogue and users using their XML data and exporting the Hikashop sales to import back in to their POS system to track sales and update quantities etc.
Below are 3 samples of the xml files:
XML for products - need to IMPORT this in to Hikashop
XML for sales - need to EXPORT this from Hikashop
XML for users - need to IMPORT this to Joomla/Hikashop
Thanks!!!
I was wondering if it is possible (even with some modifcations or development) to use specific XML files for importing and exporting data in and out of Hikashop.
My client has a sophisticated POS system that takes care of inventory, sales and memberships throughout their organisation. So I am looking in to the possibility of importing their current product catalogue and users using their XML data and exporting the Hikashop sales to import back in to their POS system to track sales and update quantities etc.
Below are 3 samples of the xml files:
XML for products - need to IMPORT this in to Hikashop
Code:
<Product>
<MasterGroupID>3</MasterGroupID>
<MasterGroupName>Wine</MasterGroupName>
<GroupID>676</GroupID>
<GroupName>Wine - Red - Shiraz Blends</GroupName>
<CategoryID>34</CategoryID>
<CategoryName>2 for Deal</CategoryName>
<Name>Pillar Box Red</Name>
<Code>19218</Code>
<ExtraDescription>This will be the description of the product with lots of detail.</ExtraDescription>
<NormalPrice>12.9500</NormalPrice>
<PriceRetail>12.9500</PriceRetail>
<StockLevel>60</StockLevel>
<SubCode>5766</SubCode>
<Quantity>55</Quantity>
<Vintage></Vintage>
<CustomVarChar1>750ml</CustomVarChar1>
<CustomVarChar2>South Australia</CustomVarChar2>
<CustomVarChar3>Australia</CustomVarChar3>
<TypeName>Padthaway</TypeName>
<IsSpecial>0</IsSpecial>
<IsVisible>1</IsVisible>
<InternetSpecial>0</InternetSpecial>
<Rating>0</Rating>
<Weight>1.3400</Weight>
<CreatedDate>2008-05-04T23:21:46.687</CreatedDate>
<NewRelease>N</NewRelease>
<InternetAuction>N</InternetAuction>
</Product>
XML for sales - need to EXPORT this from Hikashop
Code:
<Sales>
<Sale>
<ID>2120157</ID>
<SaleDate>2012-05-17 21:20</SaleDate>
<TillID>1000</TillID>
<MemberID>1</MemberID>
<Transactions>
<Transaction>
<PLU>3313</PLU>
<Quantity>1</Quantity>
<UnitPrice>699</UnitPrice>
<TotalDiscount>0</TotalDiscount>
</Transaction>
<Transaction>
<PLU>20071</PLU>
<Quantity>4</Quantity>
<UnitPrice>4990</UnitPrice>
<TotalDiscount>0</TotalDiscount>
</Transaction>
</Transactions>
<Payments>
<Payment>
<MediaID>2</MediaID>
<Amount>20659</Amount>
</Payment>
</Payments>
</Sale>
</Sales>
XML for users - need to IMPORT this to Joomla/Hikashop
Code:
<Members>
<Member>
<ID>4</ID>
<Name>John Smith</Name>
<Email>jsmith@nowhere.com</Email>
<Password>p@$$word</Password>
</Member>
</Members>
Thanks!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56859
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import and Export XML data
Hi,
1. In order to import the XML for the products, the easiest would be to convert it into a CSV. Either via a script you would write or a tool online like this one:
www.luxonsoftware.com/opensource/xmltocsv
2. In order to export orders in XML, you will have to change the code of the file "export" of the view "order" for your back end template via the menu Display->Views.
3. Importing users into joomla is not related to HikaShop.
Once users will be in joomla, HikaShop will be able to "see" them.
You will find several solutions for importing users into joomla:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...sers-import-a-export
I don't know if any supports XML, but if that's not the case, you should ask them.
1. In order to import the XML for the products, the easiest would be to convert it into a CSV. Either via a script you would write or a tool online like this one:
www.luxonsoftware.com/opensource/xmltocsv
2. In order to export orders in XML, you will have to change the code of the file "export" of the view "order" for your back end template via the menu Display->Views.
3. Importing users into joomla is not related to HikaShop.
Once users will be in joomla, HikaShop will be able to "see" them.
You will find several solutions for importing users into joomla:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...sers-import-a-export
I don't know if any supports XML, but if that's not the case, you should ask them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shifty_
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #63970
by enzo24
Hi,
I'm using Hikashop Business edition and I'm needing to export order info to XML when order gets "shipped' status. This XML file is for UPS (see more here : devwiki.volusion.com/index.php/UPS_WorldShip )
I'm no PHP crack, but I'd like to know where I can get more info on how to transform that CSV export to XML export & better yet, have it sent via e-mail to UPS (any examples or tutos welcome).
I hope I'm not the only one needing this and maybe someone has already come accross a solution to this.
Thank you
Replied by enzo24 on topic Re: Import and Export XML data
nicolas wrote: Hi,
..../
2. In order to export orders in XML, you will have to change the code of the file "export" of the view "order" for your back end template via the menu Display->Views.
/....
Hi,
I'm using Hikashop Business edition and I'm needing to export order info to XML when order gets "shipped' status. This XML file is for UPS (see more here : devwiki.volusion.com/index.php/UPS_WorldShip )
I'm no PHP crack, but I'd like to know where I can get more info on how to transform that CSV export to XML export & better yet, have it sent via e-mail to UPS (any examples or tutos welcome).
I hope I'm not the only one needing this and maybe someone has already come accross a solution to this.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64124
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import and Export XML data
Hi,
In the file "export" of the view "order", HikaShop echo the data of the orders with the CSV format. You will have to change it to echo the data with the XML format of UPS.
In the file "export" of the view "order", HikaShop echo the data of the orders with the CSV format. You will have to change it to echo the data with the XML format of UPS.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101107
by Georg
Replied by Georg on topic Re: Import and Export XML data
Hi, is there any sample file for this instruction
In the file "export" of the view "order", HikaShop echo the data of the orders with the CSV format. You will have to change it to echo the data with the XML format of UPS.
I realy would love to export the csv into xml data but haven´t got a clue how to manage this. Probably there is a smiple manual for dummies? Which erp system do the most hikashop customers use normaly?
In the file "export" of the view "order", HikaShop echo the data of the orders with the CSV format. You will have to change it to echo the data with the XML format of UPS.
I realy would love to export the csv into xml data but haven´t got a clue how to manage this. Probably there is a smiple manual for dummies? Which erp system do the most hikashop customers use normaly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101321
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import and Export XML data
Each ERP will have a different XML format. So we cannot provide a simple manual as it would have to be different for each erp. Thus it requires a developer in order to make it compatible with your ERP format.
I guess that openERP must be used a lot. They have an import tool which handles CSV imports:
doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/8/8_20_Config/...g_import_export.html
I guess that openERP must be used a lot. They have an import tool which handles CSV imports:
doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/8/8_20_Config/...g_import_export.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds