- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Default product to equal variant in code etc
it has code 1r
BUT when you click around and try different selections then reselect size = 1 and color = red - it comes up with a different product called say product - size 1 - color red
which has a different code - but this is the same product with different entry
how can we make the product with default characteristics, the one and only product of it's type
TIA
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The code should be the same, can you give us screenshot of your product configuration, and the listing of this product's variants ?
Try to enable the option "Display the characteristics name" in HikaShop > Configuration > Display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then when I go to manage variants – the DEFAULT VARIANT that is IDENTICAL to parent because it is same defaults – INSISTS on different code – perhaps I have to link to VARIANT in MENU NOT parent product – this is difficult for client to understand – but maybe a patch?
If this is not clear I’ll send you link to site and problems
Thanks
PS - it would be nice if I could change my user name showing here
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hi,
The code should be the same, can you give us screenshot of your product configuration, and the listing of this product's variants ?
Try to enable the option "Display the characteristics name" in HikaShop > Configuration > Display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
As Xavier said, can you give us screenshots of :
- Your product configuration page
- Your product variants
- The problem that you are having
And provide us a link to your web site ? it would help me to understand you problem and where it's coming form.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
lite 1 - main product with default
lite2 - variation - default
thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes you can send us the accesq by pm.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The main product can't have the same product code than the variant, it's working like that in HikaShop.
But I think that you are talking about the product name, which is small when on the main product, and detailed when selecting a variant.
I have done a little modification in the view "product / show_default" I have commented a part like that:
With this modification, the product name is always detailed, even if on the main product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem is that the main product has a default variant so that IT IS THE VARIANT - the main product is therefore IDENTICAL to one of the variants and hikashop is making us have 2 DIFFERENT product codes for the EXACT SAME product
which is a problem for accounting and inventtory etc.
I am thinking I need to have a variant called SELECT A COLOR to be default to counteract this - so I will try that and report back
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Many thanks, Xavier. This is exactly what I needed. Can you tell me, will I have to reapply this modification every time I upgrade HikaShop?Xavier wrote: Hi,
The main product can't have the same product code than the variant, it's working like that in HikaShop.
But I think that you are talking about the product name, which is small when on the main product, and detailed when selecting a variant.
I have done a little modification in the view "product / show_default" I have commented a part like that:Code:// if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) // echo $this->element->main->product_name; // else echo $this->element->product_name;
With this modification, the product name is always detailed, even if on the main product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you use the view override (thanks to "Display > View") you would not loose your modification with HikaShop updates/upgrades.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.