This screen enables you to create or edit your filters. In HikaShop, you will be able to manage filters for the customer products listing. That way, if he wants to see products with specific attributes, he can select some filters and reduce the products displayed on the listing to the products he is interested in. For example, in a computer shop he might want to select the quantity of RAM, or which kind of processor he would like in his computer.
Filters are only available in the Business edition of HikaShop.
- Save & Close : Save the filter and return to the filters Management screen.
- Save : Apply the modifications to the filter and stay on the same screen.
- Cancel : Return to the previous screen without saving the modifications.
- Help : This button enables you to turn ON/OFF the help section, this screen will appear or disappear.
- Name : Here you have to define the name of your filter.
- Type : Select the type of your filter, many choices are available like text, dropdown, cursor, etc.
- Category : Select the category where you want the filter to applies. If no category is selected, the filter will always be displayed on products listings
- Including sub categories : If you have sub categories inside the category you selected in the previous option, turning on that option will allow the filter to also be displayed when displaying products in sub categories of that category.
Here you can see the differents types of filters available:
- Published : If a filter is published it means that it will be used by the system, otherwise, it won't be taken into account.
- Display limited to : Here, you can select another filter and the corresponding values for which you would like the current filter to be displayed.
- Submit on click : If you enable this option, you don't need to click on the "Filter" button. The filter will be applied automatically on click.
- Height : Set the height of your filter.
- Deletable filter : If that option is turned on, when a filter has been used, there is a delete icon next to it in order to cancel the filter.
- Dynamic display : That option enables you to change the options of the filters according to the previously selected filters. For example, if all your products are computers with 4Go Ram and 250Go hard disks, if you select 4Go in the first filter, the second will show only the 250Go option and not the other values.
- Access level : You can restrict that filter from being displayed to some joomla groups of users.
- Apply on : You can choose here, the type of information managed by your filter. It can be a list of the data columns of your products, custom fields, the price, the categories, the characteristics, the manufacturers, ...
- Title position : Choose the position of the title of the filter. You can place it on the top, left, right, at the bottom or inside your filter.
- Number of columns : You can choose the size (width) of each filter. It can be used for cursors to be more precise while setting an intervale.
Other options are available according to the selected type.
Additional options are available in the Display tab of the configuration of HikaShop. These options are global options of the whole filters zone.
- Number of columns : Here you can set the number of columns for your filters, if you want 4 filters by row, for more visibility, it's possible.
- Limit : With limit, you can define the number of filters shown.
- Height : To define the height of each row of filters.
- Show filter button : If you disable this option, the "Filter" button will not be visible. In that case, you should activate the option "Submit on click" on the different filters you created, otherwise the filters won't do anything.
- Display fieldset : Display or not the fieldset around the filters.
- Filter button position : You can change the position of the filter button, you can place it on the left or right of the filters, or next to the last field with the option "Inside".