Re: only show the product price registered users

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 days ago #47786

Hi, I want to show the product price only for registered users, guests can only see the products without the price please help me to configure that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 1 day ago #47867

You can do that by restricting prices to only some user groups with the Business edition of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ghaithge

• Thank you received: 3
10 years 2 months ago #141891

I can't find where to do that :(

10 years 2 months ago #141975

When you edit a product, you have a prices area on the right. There, you can add several prices. Once you save the product with the several prices, you have an icon which appears in the 'access level' column of that prices listing and you can click on it to restrict each price to one or several user groups.

The following user(s) said Thank You: miracle

• Thank you received: 3
10 years 2 months ago #142192

Thank you, I found it. As a feature request I would suggest being able to have a basic setting for that, so you can change this at shop level or category level instead of only product level.

Furthermore... keep up the good work! :)

10 years 2 months ago #142219

Thank you for your feedback.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #276620

i need to show prices only to registered users, i have thousand of articles i cannot set this option for each article... how can i set as default?

6 years 7 months ago #277539

Hi,

When you create the price in the product, you'll find an "access level" setting that you can use to restrict the price to some user groups.
So select "registered" there and the price will only show to registered users.

• Thank you received: 5
2 months 3 weeks ago #358719

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I want to restrict E-Books to be purchasable by registered users only.

If I set the access level for the product, the product gives a 404 if the user clicks a link that leads to the product page.

If I set the access level for the price, the product is displayed as being free.

Right now, I use a Language Override to change the "free" text so that it urges the user to login.

This is kind of dirty, is there a better way?

EDIT: I looked in product / show.php for the code that generates the "Add to Cart" button, but couldn't quite find it. If I knew where these buttons were generated I could (presumably) just add this check: if ($user->id > 0)

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by NTV.

2 months 3 weeks ago #358720

Hi,

No. That's how we've been telling merchants to do it for more than 10 years and it does the job fine, so we never saw the need to make it differently.

Between a view override and a translation override, I personally think that a translation override is better. It's much more lightweight and won't be able to cause any issue in the future. With a view override, if some code we have in there isn't compatible with Joomla 6 or 7, or PHP 9 or 10, it could break the pages and necessitate some work in the future.

Now, if you want to find which view file is used where, I would recommend you to activate the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration page:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds