Problem with the "Back" button of the browser

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #110917

Hi, I have a problem when I browse for products from my online store. If I press one of the products to see its description, then pulse "Back" button of my browser (In Firefox always fails. On Chrome and Internet Explorer only fails sometimes), I get a error message and I have to recharge the website to back to list of products. Attached the error message I get when I click the "Back" button of the browser. HikaShop Could not send data either to return successfully to the Product List? I use HikaShop Essential.

I translate you the error resulting in Firefox:

Document expired
This document is no longer available.
The document requested is no longer available in the cache of Firefox.Como safety precaution, Firefox does not ask sensibles. Do click on retry to automatically re-order the document from the website.

Thanks for your help, greetings.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Ronon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #110952

Hi,

You do not display a simple product listing.
You should use a filter or something like that. When you arrived to the product listing, a HTML post is done.

Because this "post" is done, when you want to come back to the listing, your internet browser knows that in order to have the same result, it has to resubmit the same post data to the server.
By default the browser do not re-submit a past post without the authorization of the user. That's why you have this warning message which is not an error message at all.

If you use a simple link which point to the product listing, you won't have such problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #111016

OK, thank you. For example, a breadcrumb solve the problem, I have worn one but users are not accustomed to using it so they give back the button and get the message is when.

I suppose I could create a custom HTML module and put there a code to go back, creating a link to an image of an arrow and putting together the breadcrumb.

Could you tell me what the HTML code you should put in that module? I do not know programming, thanks again. Greetings.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #111295

Hi,

I don't think that a module can really help you.
You have to use less form submission.

I don't want to repeat myself so:

You do not display a simple product listing.
You should use a filter or something like that. When you arrived to the product listing, a HTML post is done.

As I said, the problem don't really come from HikaShop, but the way you use it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #111299

Yes, I understood perfectly, thanks. Only that users are accustomed to using the breadcrumb instead of the browser back button. Greetings.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #278322

Hi,

For anyone seeing this now, please note that a "fix" was added 2 years ago for that. You just need to activate the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the parameters will go through the URL instead of the POST and thus you won't have that error when using the back button.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds