Guest checkout - multiple users from one device issues

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 8 months ago #274376

When a customer places an order over the phone, we simply enter the order into the site and use guest checkout. The problem we are having is that all of the orders are being attached to the first email address we used for an order. Each time we place an order the address is being added to the address book as well. Is there a way to easily use one device for many users with guest checkout or will we need to register each user for an account to prevent this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274382

Hello,

When you post a message ; please fill the fields regarding your HikaShop version number and else. It helps to team to provide support.
Can you please provide these details ?

About your message, I'm afraid that we are not able to understand it.
Would it possible to clarify it, with maybe some screenshots in order to illustrate your issue ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #277967

Sorry, I didn't see your reply. We are on Hikashop 5.2.0, Joomla 3.7.5.

Our store was originally configured to only allow guest checkout. It worked fine for most users accessing the site from their home or school. The problem only happened at the actual business location. When a user would visit the business location, the employee would enter the order through the website. The order emails would then be sent to the very first email that was used for an order at the store location. Even though we enter the new customer information, the order is associated with the first customer's email address instead of the new customer. Does that make sense?

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 7 months ago #277990

Hi,

I suppose that you're using HikaShop 3.2.0, and not 5.2.0 since we didn't release that version yet.

Here is how a guest checkout works:
- user adds a product to the cart and goes to the checkout
- user enters the data in the "guest" form of the login block of the checkout
- user finishes the checkout and an order is created (and then he is redirected to the payment gateway for the payment and then back to the shop)
- user's data in session is cleared
- if user repear the process, he'll have to reenter his email address (or a different one if he wishes to) and the previous data he entered won't be kept

So it seems that it should already work like you want, unless I didn't understood what you want, or there is a problem with the way you configured the shop.
So please clarify.
Also, precise instructions to reproduce the issue and an access to the website ( monosnap.com/file/ZBB1nhVPDH8HcuHijpp0xSgz536Pk0 ) would help in understanding the situation.

6 years 7 months ago #278148

Sorry, it's Hikashop 3.2.0. I also removed the country blocking, you should be able to access the site now.

Based on your description, everything should work, but it's not working properly. I will get exact details on how to reproduce the problem and post them here.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278249

Hello,

Please re-download HikaShop 3.2.0 in order to get a patch which should your issue.
If you still see the issue ; please clean your carts just to be sure that they do not have invalid data for the addresses.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278387

Thank you, I have installed a download from today and will update if we continue to experience the issues.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds