- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Taxation screen - where is it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1) In zones, I unpublished all countries except US.
2) In US zone, I removed subzones which were not continental US.
3) With that, now my checkout enter address looks like it needs to for the places in which I do business.
4) I created a tax zone, called FL Tax which has a subzone including FL state only.
5) Created Tax Category called Taxable Sales
6) In my products, I reference that Tax Category
7) Created Tax Rate of 7% for FLorida
9) In Configuration, I reference the tax zone I had created with only FL in it.
Now what I get depends on how I set the zone in the Tax Rule. Are you supposed to set the rule to point to the geographical zone or the tax zone? Of course either way does not work for me. One way ends up with state taxed or none of them taxed. What am I missing?
Thank you for any help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can set the rule for the state of FL or the tax zone FL having the state in it's subzones, it should be the exact same result.
If you still have issues, could you give a link to your shop so that we can check it out ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Still have issues. The front page is myfdg.com
Right now it is charging tax for all states.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We found the problem and fixed it. It's actually a problem which happened after some improvements we made on some part of the zone handling on the front end.
For other users, we had to change the code:
to:
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
Thank you for the access.
We found the problem and fixed it. It's actually a problem which happened after some improvements we made on some part of the zone handling on the front end.
For other users, we had to change the code:Code:if(empty($zones[$address->$field])){ $zoneClass = hikashop::get('class.zone'); $zones[$address->$field] = $zoneClass->get($address->$field); if(!empty($zones[$address->$field])){ $zone_id = $zones[$address->$field]->zone_id; } }
to:Code:if(empty($zones[$address->$field])){ $zoneClass = hikashop::get('class.zone'); $zones[$address->$field] = $zoneClass->get($address->$field); } if(!empty($zones[$address->$field])){ $zone_id = $zones[$address->$field]->zone_id; }
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php
I am checking for this and don't see that code in my administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php file.
here is what mine looks like.
am I going blind again? lol
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We have a release cycle of 2 weeks. We will publish a new version again next week
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.