Skip to main content

Problem to select category

More
10 years 6 months ago #233150 by vrtulka
-- url of the page with the problem -- : monte.jecool.net
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF

New installation of Joomla and Hikashop, just testing phase. I am having a problem to add category to a product. The category tree doesn´t open after clicking. Categories are created, but doesn´t apper in the tree. "Plus" sign changes into "minus", but nothing appears inside. I have no idea where the problem could be. I am sorry for such a basic question, but I cannot move further. Please, help! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233184 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
Can you show me your category listing via "Hikashop->Products->Categories" so that I can be sure that you have more than 2 product categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233230 by vrtulka
Replied by vrtulka on topic Problem to select category


I have tried it also with sample data. It didn´t work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233294 by vrtulka
Replied by vrtulka on topic Problem to select category
I have imported categories and products from csv. So I have more categories than 2, this is not the problem. But if I want to add category to new or existing product, I am not able to select category from the category tree. The tree doesn´t open after clicking. Could you, please, help me to solve this? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233314 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

We don't have the problem on our end.
Could you maybe try with a different browser ? Maybe there is a caching issue with it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233318 by vrtulka
Replied by vrtulka on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

I have tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, notebook and mobile, but everywhere the same. Any other idea what can cause the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233323 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

Could you provide a backend access so that we could look at the issue ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: vrtulka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233474 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

The issue comes from the system which displays a quote on each page of your backend.
It also add a quote when the javascript of the explorer requests the child categories of a category:
take.ms/LRGl4
Disable that and it will work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vrtulka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233529 by vrtulka
Replied by vrtulka on topic Problem to select category
Thank you very much, Nicolas, for you effort and effective help. I appreciate it very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247406 by bluetooth
I have such problem also .So what quote should be disabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247410 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

Firstly, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247471 by vrtulka
Replied by vrtulka on topic Problem to select category
In my case, it was problem with free hosting. On every page, there was a sentence on the bottom of the page, which is added by hosting company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247473 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

That kind of added content can be really problematic for all Ajax calls that you can find in HikaShop or other Joomla extensions.
The category selection should be the only problematic point in the website.

Thanks for the share !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247517 by bluetooth
Thanks! But I still don't know what extension caused my problem.I am not using a free hosting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247522 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Problem to select category
Hi,

What content is added in the ajax calls ?
You can use your browser inspector (console) to see all ajax call and show their full content.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247737 by bluetooth
I know the reason now.
You could see,the category "Child's Healthy" is the same level as root.

So I couldn' find it in "Jacale" category even I set its parent caregory as "Jacale".

How to solve it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #247738 by bluetooth
No, It is not the reason.I am confused.
How could I amend this top level categories' parent category or delete this categories?

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by bluetooth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247801 by bluetooth
I know now,I have to delete the top categories in database.
And I solved the category problem by create new category.(the sub category couldn't show if just change its parent)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum