Falang 404 error

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #139623

Hi,
I'm going crazy with this extension. It is a shame hikashop doesn't work on native joomla multilanguage engine and Nicolas knows very well how much I love Hikashop.

It seems I have to pass by homepage every time I want to change language. If I change language only in the hompage it seems working properly, but if I change language in a product or article view I get a 404 error: category not found.

It's 2 days I'm stuck between 500 and 404 errors.

Any hint?
Thanks in advance,
claudio

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by mitchie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
10 years 3 months ago #139717

Hi,

That's sounds more like a configuration issue between falang/joomla language manager options and the SEF than something else.
I would recommend to contact Falang's support instead as I don't know what it could be and that it's not a Hikashop issue.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #139736

Hi Nicolas,
I wonder how can you say I don't know what it is but it is not a Hikashop issue?
I've disabled sef and any other url related items, Falang is working with articles (that are joomla issues) and it's not working with Hikashop.
So what?
Plase, have a look at 192.185.117.218/~rallycom/shop/index.php .
It would be so kind if you think we need to work with all these stuff and not play...
Thank you

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by mitchie.

• Thank you received: 13064
10 years 3 months ago #139806

That's because the error "404 error: category not found" is coming from the Joomla SEF system which thinks that the current menu is a joomla article display page and not a hikashop category listing page and it display that error because the category id from HikaShop doesn't exist as a joomla category.
This can happen for example when you have a similar alias for two different menu items in the joomla menu manager.
I indeed think that you need to work with all these stuff and that's why I'm recommending you to contact falang's support if it works for some menu items and not others as I don't see how it could be an issue with a configuration in HikaShop and I don't know what it would come from in falang or the joomla menu manager.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds