• Thank you received: 5
3 years 10 months ago #319225

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.the-m-equipment.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 81.0.4044.138

Hello all at hikari !

That's a great news you made last week. We now able to have a multilingual shop even without third party extensions.

But i have an issue because i only have the main language when removing falang.

I did a backup so i roll back to the previous installation with falang.

Is there an extra step to make my website shop multilingual without Falang (translation were still there after removing falang)

thanks for this new feature

Have a nice week-end

Patrick

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by pouce. Reason: I abandon the idea to switch form falang to hikashop language overrides

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319250

Hi,

The translation system we have to work without Falang uses the Joomla translation override system and stores the translations in the file language/overrides/xx-XX.overrides.ini
However, Falang stores the translations in the falang_content table of the database.
So that's why you don't see your translations when you uninstall Falang.
And even if we modified the system to be able to load the translations from Falang for the interface, you would still have to edit each product and save the translations in each language as there is no mechanism to process the translations on the frontend (since that's done by Falang).
Ideally, the best would be to have a script to automatically transfer the translations from falang to translation overrides but that's a lot of work.
I see you have only a couple dozen products on your website and two languages. I would recommend to prepare the translation overrides manually and then spend an hour or two changing each product after uninstalling Falang so that you get the translations with the new system.

3 years 10 months ago #319895

Hello,

Sorry for a so late reply.

When i uninstall falang i still have the translation on my products and categories in the same place as Falang used to do.

Should i try to. uninstall falang and save every products and categories. Will it make populate the language overides file ?

If not how should i find how to write the language overrides for every products and categories ?

I already use overrides for a component GDPR from storejextensions

thanks for your reply

3 years 10 months ago #319900

Hi,

That's because HikaShop checks the database and you still have the falang_content table. Just rename that table so that HikaShop doesn't find it and you'll be able to use the translation interfaces with translation overrides.

3 years 7 months ago #323268

Hello,

I made the transition on one website from falang to no falang using hikashop essential and it went correctly.
There was not much translation to do and the files in the language/oveerrides folder were 3 Kb per language.

But i have a problem with another site the one which is the subject of this post (see firts post) which i try to switch to a non falang hikashop website and translation is a mess.
In this second website using hikashop business my language file in the overrides folder are only 1.6 Kb and there are much more things that i translate.
When i do the translation sometimes i edit the category name ore a caracteristic or a the name of a product and when i save and edit it again to verify the translation has npt be saved.
Another thing is that some of my own overrides disappear (gdpr component from jstoreextension) it s been twice that i made them and twice that they disappeared.

So my site is stack with translation not being saved.

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by pouce. Reason: I explain that the second website is the one subject of this forum post

3 years 7 months ago #323292

Hi,

First, I would recommend to download the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours.
That will add all the latest patches we added since the release of the 3.4.0. A few of them concerned the translation system and thus it might help with the issues you have.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds