Can't get QR code to show up in conformation email

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 2 months ago #187475

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.x.x
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.9.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Good morning!

I'm trying to get a QR code to attach to the customers e-mail in order to use it as an e-ticket. I already followed the how to, including how to configure the image. Read and tried some of the forum's suggestions but I still can't get the QR code to show up.

I must be missing something!

At this point I only assigned the package to a product called "volwassene 8 juni". Can you please help me out? What am I missing here?

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: wrong hikashop version number

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #187506

Hi,

Would it be possible to have more details about your configuration and your test order ?
Does the order right confirmed ? Does the order right have serial(s) attached ?
Does the customer receive a confirmation email ? Does this email contains the serial(s) ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 2 months ago #187582

Hi Jerome,

I created a randomgen sql package called "reserveringen"
After this the random plugin, group filter consumer plugin and attach serial plugin.
I've configured the attach serial plugin using the how to and altered the path to my site instead of the example MYSITE path.

I've added this "reserveringen" package to a product.

When I order this product I get an order confirmed status. Before updating hikashop and hikaserial I would get a serial attached in my order conformation (as RAW text, not QR despite of the attach serial plugin configuration. After the update I get an entire blank box where the serial used to be. When I check my order is has a assigned serial, so it seems to be something in the attach serial configuration.

Regards,

Chantal

9 years 2 months ago #187586

Hi,

Can you please tell me more about the blank box you got ?
It is possible that you found a bug in HikaShop 2.3.5

If you can provide me some screenshots of your HikaSerial configuration, it can be useful too (so I will be able to check it).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #187630

Hi Jerome,

I added 2 print screens of the blank box. The first blank box is the e-mail I received after my order. The second box is the output hikasop gives me when I look at the order status and use the notify customer option.

When I look at the blank box in my email confirmation this is the output of the additional order information:

</p>
<h1 style="color:#1c8faf !important;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-top:10px;padding-bottom:10px;"> Bijkomende informatie </h1>
<p style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:10px;"> </p>

I added the configuration of the attach serial plugin. If you need any additional information please let me know!

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #187684

Hi,

Would it be possible to know how you confirmed your orders ?

HikaSerial is not compatible with the confirmation of the order in the HikaShop order listing (because the email is processed before the real modification of the order status, so the serial is not existing when the email is created because the order is not really confirmed, yet).
HikaSerial is compatible with confirmation thanks to payment plugin or when editing an order directly in the backend.

That could explain some of your issues.
But once the order confirmed, when you use the "email" button in the HikaShop backend (when editing an order) you should see the content of the serial and you should receive the "attach serial" image too.

If in that last screen you can see the serial but the image is not attached, I will need details about the mail system your using with Joomla.
I know that some mail plugin in Joomla does not support the inline attachment ; so we have a special option in the "attach serial" plugin (available thanks the Joomla plugin manager) to use an alternate mode for mail attachments.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #187822

Hi Jerome,

I added the workflow to this reply

The problem might be situated in the payment method then;
There are 2 payment methodes to choose from: HikaShop bank transfer payment plugin and HikaShop iDEAL payment plugin. Both are configured to create a confirmed status when succesfull

"But once the order confirmed, when you use the "email" button in the HikaShop backend (when editing an order) you should see the content of the serial and you should receive the "attach serial" image too"

What you suggest is right; I used the backend to send my confirmation e-mail again and indeed the attatch serial image is there to. However, it is located outside of the email template. When I look at the generated email in the backend the attatch serial image is not visible at all (due to it being outside of the template?)

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #187841

Hi,

Yes the attachment is "outside" the email because it's an attachment.
Your web-app for displaying the email is display the attached image below the mail content but it will depend on the software you use to read your email.
The goal of the plugin is to "attach" the serial as an image ; as an email attachment.

When you're using "bank transfer" you have to confirm yourself the order ; so the best is to edit the order and then see to change the order status (and check the box "notify customer").
For the iDEAL plugin, it should confirm the order itself and send the confirmation email ; with the serial and the image attachment.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #188183

Hi Jerome,

Clear on that matter, I changed the workflow.

Another quick question,

Besides the QR code, I wanted to attach a barcode. I switched the RAW serial data form the example for the barcode option. Output does not give me a barcode. Can you point me in the right direction?

regards,

Chantal

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #188186

Hi,

If you want to display a Barcode, you need to provide a data which is compatible with the EAN-13 format.
Which generator are you using for your serials ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #188194

Hi Jerome,

At this time the random serial generator plugin. Do I need to configure the EAN plugin and if so should/can I switch this in the code package. If switched, does the QR code still work?

I'm aiming to have both the barcode and the QR code in one attachment.

Regards,

Chantal

9 years 2 months ago #188199

Hi,

The QR code can display any kind of alphanumeric data.
A barcode have to follow some specification, some protocol, to be displayed correctly.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Article_Number_(EAN)

So, you choose configure the EAN generator plugin and assign it to your pack. Then you will be able to generate new serials with the EAN-13 specifications ; serials which could be displayed using a barcode.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds