[SOLVED] categorie listing under vendor page

• Thank you received: 22
5 years 11 months ago #291630

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I would like to have the product listing underneath the vendor page to have the posibility to show categories and not just products.
Now all you can do is use the "group by category" option and this is not sufficient.

The page under a vendor should look like any normal webshop page. Categories from the vendor and not only a product list.

Anybody who can help with this please let me know.

(I've created this post under the commercial jobs sections but now it's in the normal HIkaMarket section... can any mod move this to the right place?)

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 11 months ago #291631

Hello,

I remember that I told you some time ago, in a private conversation, that it is not possible and that won't be possible.

A module display its content and you might have some "synchronize" option to link a module to the menu.
But what you're asking is to link a module to another module which is related to a menu ; but you also want that this last module be synchronize with the menu since you want to keep the vendor filters.

You can have a category listing module with "extra filters" but you can't have such modules imbrications.
The possible solutions are complicated and would require a very important development ; and since you can achieve similar things by just using category listing menu + product listing module (module which is directly included with the category listing menu) ; we do not recommend you to go in that complicated direction.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 11 months ago #291718

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will forget about doing a category module automatically.

What you said about using the option to have a category listing menu + Product listing module.
Do I understand correct that I need to select this menu in the Filter module "HikaMarket Location Search module" ?
Here I now have the vendor menu-item selected.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 11 months ago #291721

Hello,

I still don't visualize the workflow you want to have.
So I still can't reply to your questions until I got a real idea of what you want (and it is still very unclear)

You can't do category + products in the vendor page.
But you know that you can have "category + product" via a category listing menu.

Now the "vendor location" plugins allow to filter the "vendor" and "product" data in listings.
Aka : when you have product listed, the content is filtered to just show products of vendor in the zone.

Other point ; I don't understand the part regarding the "select vendor menu" but I don't think it could work since I don't understand it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 11 months ago #291866

Hi Jérôme,

I think we have made some changes that reflect what we want.
If you check and see what you get with zip code 4921 then you should see it.

I'm working on this in the next couple of days to see if it's all working and behaving as expected.
If it's working good I will report back here.

check : solution/workaround

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: addition
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds