Re: Payment plugin for Klarna

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #168320

When was the last time they were contacted? Do you have any relevant information I can use to get in contact with them?
Also please send me the latest version of the code.

Joomla service in Denmark: www.toolmaster.dk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #168353

Hi,

We had been contacted with Klarna today, a new interlocutor.

My previous communication with Klarna was in March.
I am not able to gave you any contact email, I talked to 4 different peoples in the past 2 years and I can't say if the emails are still valid or not.

I am not able to provide you the development package. It hasn't been validated, I just can't.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 7 months ago #169665

Thank you for your answer.

I am in contact with Klarna and have a guy from Sweden that talks directly with Klarna (they are Swedish). He will hold them to there word that they will help you as much as possible.
I would like to help you complete the plugin, as we urgently need the plugin! Hopefully within a few weeks.

Klarna has mentioned that the main reason for them not having "helped" much is that they see (as wee do) the plugin as incomplete. They need a sort of wallet (checkout) solution as well. This feature is why Klarna is the "one and only" in Sweden. They can explain this better than I can.

I can however say some facts that should interest both parties to complete this plugin. In Sweden almost 100 % of all transactions is by Klarna! The reason for this is the mentioned feature they are missing. So if you want Hikashop to be used by Sweden you will have to make this work! :) Klarna wrongfully thinks Virtuemart still is the main shop solution - I would like to prove them wrong with your help!

What is your contact email, that I should add to the email correspondence with them and me?

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Kampp.

• Thank you received: 15
9 years 7 months ago #169694

Kampp wrote: In Sweden almost 100 % of all transactions is by Klarna! The reason for this is the mentioned feature they are missing. So if you want Hikashop to be used by Sweden you will have to make this work! :) Klarna wrongfully thinks Virtuemart still is the main shop solution - I would like to prove them wrong with your help!

That's what I said when I started this thread over 2 years ago... :(

Jan

9 years 7 months ago #169701

Hi,

Yes, since the last time, some things changed in the Klarna API (due to some country legislation), so we have to rewrite a big part of the plugin.
I will talk directly with some Klarna people on friday, I will have more details about the required development.
But we won't be able to make it in a short time ; I have too much to do with HikaMarket 1.5.0 and the new variant system.
The plugin will be integrate but I can't provide a precise schedule for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 7 months ago #169770

Please send me you mail?! I am direct contact with the person from Klarna who all ready has been briefed to look into this matter (by Klarna bosses them selves). He is waiting for my mail with your contact information and information about the problem.

I am sad to hear that it will not be done within a short time frame - we were hoping a few weeks. You are close to finished you say and example from Virtuemart exists. And now Klarna is willing to help (provided that you just give me the mail to contact you with).

9 years 7 months ago #169779

Hi,

We are already in contact with the Klarna team and like I said in my previous message, I have a conf-call with them this Friday.
And please read my previous message for the details of the required development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 7 months ago #170244

Hi Jerome

How did the meeting go?
Was there discussed a plan?
Was there discussed a timeline?
Has it been decided if the missing feature is going to be added?

Have a great weekend :)

9 years 7 months ago #170263

Hi,

It was good, the plugin will have a review ; but not before the next HikaShop release, maybe for the next one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 7 months ago #170310

Hi

Thanks for you update. Will the missing feature be added?
When are the two next releases you mention? We need to figure out if we can wait as the customer wants the shop up and running, and don't understand why we don't just use Virtuemart or RedShop as they both have plugins.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 7 months ago #170402

Hi,

The "missing feature" won't be added for the first release as it is not necessary in most cases and it will take a lot of work to add it in the plugin. That will allow us to release the plugin sooner. Otherwise, we would be looking at a 6 month delay again.
Next release will be available in one or two weeks. Which is why we won't be able to include the plugin in the next release as it's just too close from the release and there are still a few things to adjust and validate with Klarna before we can release it. The next one after this release will be anywhere between 1 month and 2 months after it based on how we move forward.

9 years 7 months ago #170444

Ok :(
In that case (months) they will properly chose another Joomla webshop, that has the integration and the missing feature :(
As mentioned there time line is weeks (a month at the most).

9 years 7 months ago #170498

Hi,

Unfortunately, as long as the plugin is not validated we can't even provide you with a beta and there is still a few things to modify and discuss with Klarna before they will validate it.
So yes, use another ecommerce solution if you're on a short timeframe and that you really need this plugin, it will be safer for you and your client.

9 years 5 months ago #180216

Can I please get a quick update in this plugin. I know that you started working on it, and have been in contact with the person from Klarna we had put on the case to work with you.

1. What is the status?
  2. When will the first version be ready (ans shipped with Hikashop)?
  3. Will the plugin handle only payment or will it also handle the much/most needed checkout feature and billing option?

Thanks

9 years 5 months ago #180291

Hi,

The current plugin is working with the Klarna invoice but we had some things to fix for the Klarna account.
The validation system is working good using the CRON task but we also need to add the management of the "invoice" status.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 5 months ago #180373

Thanks for your reply.

What about the checkout feature?
This is the things that drives the need for the Klarna plugin in the Scandinavian countries. If this feature is not there, there are other and more cheap solutions most webshop owners will use.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #180382

Yes without the checkout feature of Klarna it is pretty numb and useless to most web shops.
As I have said before there is a competitor named Svea Finans a strong competitor with exactly the same featues as Klarna and their plugin has a good documentation on how to implement it with different shop platforms. I have also bee talking to developers regarding making it ready for HikaShop and that would cost something like USD 300. That would of course be good but when HkaShop is upgraded what will happen then?
Would HikaShop be interested in that plugin if I paid a developer for doing it?

9 years 5 months ago #180413

@Kampp Klarna Checkout didn't exist when we developed the plugin so that is not supported. As Jerome said before, it will require almost a complete rewrite of the plugin. For now, we'll release a first version with their "old" API so that it can still be used. And the Klarna Checkout will come later as it will require a lot of work to rewrite it.

@LAMF Yes we would definitely be interested ! I'll be happy to review the plugin and add it on our end. We would of course maintain it in such case.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #189346

It seems like Klarna is unresponsible here, actually no surprise to me.
Now finally I have a guy working with the making of a plugin or plugins in order to make Svea Webpay integrated with HikaShop. It took a while since my first client didn't want that payment options. Now I have more projects needing it so soon it should be up and running.
The backside though is that I of course have to pay this myself and if someone else wants it I can offer it but not for free...
So if you're interested send me a PM.

9 years 2 months ago #189376

Hi,

I've got an email from SVEA telling me that they were working on such plugin.
Is it the same person ?

Would it be possible for us to pay something so that we could provide it to everyone for free ?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds